Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
UT Southwestern's own experts provide valuable insights on cancer prevention, genetic testing, and support mechanisms. Explore our resource articles below.
- Essential Mammogram Guidelines at Every Age: Do you know when you should get a mammogram – and how often? This decade-by-decade guide offers an easy overview of screening guidelines.
- Colorectal Cancer: Easy Prevention Tips: Did you know you can make lifestyle changes to dramatically reduce your risk of colorectal cancer?
- The 5 Most Common Cancers in Texas: Here are the cancers that occur most frequently. Take these steps to reduce your risk.
- What Actually Makes People Quit Smoking: Finding the drive to quit is no easy feat, but these reasons to stop might be the motivation you need to drop the habit for good.
- 7 Dallas-Area Farmers Markets for Fresh Produce: Eating well is essential to great health, especially for those affected by cancer. Here’s where to head in North Texas for fresh, nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Coping with Cancer: Everyone processes a cancer diagnosis differently. If you’re dealing with one of your own, it’s important to know that you can do what feels right for you.
- 9 Ways You Can Help Cancer Patients: From helping around the house to supporting future research, here’s how to lend a hand to a neighbor, friend, or loved one going through treatment.
- Fighting Cancer Takes Community: As a donor, your gift to cancer prevention and care has more impact than you may know. Here’s what your donation can do for your community.
- DNA Genetic Testing: Preventing Hereditary Diseases: There are issues to consider, but the benefits – like disease prevention and early disease detection – could save your life.
- Will Genetic Testing for Cancer Be a Good Move? Are you the right candidate for genetic testing? Take 5 minutes to answer these questions.
Explore Resource Articles:
- Essential Mammogram Guidelines at Every Age
- Colorectal Cancer: Easy Prevention Tips
- The 5 Most Common Cancers in Texas
- Coping with Cancer
- DNA Genetic Testing: Preventing Hereditary Diseases
- Will Genetic Testing for Cancer Be a Good Move?
- 7 Dallas-Area Farmers Markets for Fresh Produce
- What Actually Makes People Quit Smoking
- Fighting Cancer Takes Community
- 9 Ways You Can Help Cancer Patients