Responding to COVID-19
Our providers and staff are committed to keeping your care as safe as possible. We need your help to proactively reduce the spread of illness during the COVID-19 pandemic. Your care team may contact you to recommend transitioning eligible appointments to video visits.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
How to reschedule or cancel an appointment:
- Call your clinic or the UT Southwestern Appointment Line at 214-645-8300.
- Navigate within MyChart to the Appointment tab, select “Cancel Appointment,” and select all appointments you would like to cancel.
What do I do if I need a new appointment?
Please contact your physician if you have urgent care needs or if you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. You can also call 214-645-8300 to schedule an appointment. We are offering both in-person and video visits. The scheduling team will help determine if your appointment type can be handled with a video visit.
Is there any reason to avoid coming to UT Southwestern?
No. UT Southwestern remains committed to your safety and well-being whenever you come to any of our facilities – either as a patient or a visitor. If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or you suspect you've been exposed to COVID-19, please contact your primary care physician first, or your local health department for direction. They may be able to refer you to our drive-up testing facility.
Alert: Patient Security
Cybercriminals have been trying to contact patients by phone and email during the COVID-19 emergency, alleging to represent various health care organizations. These scammers may disguise their phone numbers to make them appear legitimate.
Please be aware that UT Southwestern will never contact you to request:
- Passwords and/or usernames
- Access to your computer system or patient care portal, or to offer to provide computer support
If you receive a call or e-mail of this nature, do not respond. It is a scam.
Coronavirus-related phishing emails and fake websites are designed to look legitimate. Before you click:
- Examine all external email sender addresses
- Question whether you were anticipating an email from a health care organization
- Hover over all email links to view the true website domain
We're Here to Help
We know this is inconvenient, and we appreciate your flexibility during this temporary emergency situation. If you have questions, please contact the Appointment Line at 214-645-8300.