- Graduate School - The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (2009-2011), Psychology
- Undergraduate School - Michigan State University (2005-2009), Psychology
- Graduate School - The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (2011-2014), Psychology
- Internship - Santé Center for Healing (2013-2014)
Alan Johnson, Psy.D.
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Alan Johnson, Psy.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He works in the Division of Endocrinology at the Weight Wellness Program, assisting patients in achieving their weight loss goals.
Dr. Johnson earned his doctor of psychology degree from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology in Chicago, Illinois, where he specialized in the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Concentration (SOGIC). His dissertation was on reducing HIV stigma in clinical psychology students via a virtual knowledge-contact program. He completed his doctoral internship and post-doctoral fellowship at Santé Center for Healing in Denton, Texas. After that, he provided services to geriatric patients in nursing homes and to adult patients in the private practice sector.
Dr. Johnson joined the UT Southwestern faculty in April 2019. He is a Licensed Psychologist with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
His clinical interests include providing services to LGBTQ-identified clients; recovery from addiction; concerns related to eating, weight, and size (CREWS); and the treatment of personality disorders.
TX License #37103; Expires 2/28/2022