- Residency - Delhi University/Maulana Azad Medical College, India (2002-2005), Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical School - King George's Medical College, India (1996-2001)
- Fellowship - Medical University of South Carolina (2008-2009), Neuroradiology
- Internship - King George's Medical College, India (2001-2002), Rotating
Amit Agarwal, M.D.
- Radiology - Neuroradiology
Originally from India, he earned his medical degree at King George's Medical University in Lucknow, and performed his radiology residency at the University of Delhi. He then obtained advanced training through a fellowship program in neuroradiology at Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017, Dr. Agarwal served as an Associate Professor of Radiology at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania, where he also held leadership positions in residency education and quality and safety.
His research interests include neurological disorders, brain aneurysms, and stroke. He has co-authored more than 25 peer-reviewed publications, and has presented his findings at scientific conferences and professional meetings throughout the country and around the world.
Dr. Agarwal is an active member of several national and international professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American Society of Neuroradiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American College of Radiologists, the American Society of Neuroradiology, and the American Association of Indian Radiologists.
- Radiological Society of North America
- Indian Radiologic and Imaging Association
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- American Association of Indian Radiologists
- First Place Poster 2010, Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Certificate of Merit 2011, Radiological Society of North America
- Magna Cum Laude Award 2016, European Congress of Radiology
- Anne G. Osborne Outreach Professor 2017, American Society of Neuroradiology