- Medical School - University of Michigan Medical School (2003-2008)
- Residency - University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2008-2011), Pediatrics
- Graduate School - University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (2013-2014)
- Fellowship - University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2011-2014), Pediatric Cardiology
- Fellowship - Emory University/Children's Hospital of Atlanta (2014-2015), Cardiac Advanced Imaging
Animesh (Aashoo) Tandon, M.D., M.S.
- Pediatrics - Cardiology
Animesh (Aashoo) Tandon, M.D., M.S., is Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, with joint appointments in Radiology and Biomedical Engineering, at UT Southwestern. He graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a BA in 2003. During his medical training at the University of Michigan Medical School, he performed a research fellowship at the NINDS/NIH through the Howard Hughes Medical Institute/NIH Research Scholars (Cloister) Program. Dr. Tandon completed his pediatric residency and categorical pediatric cardiology fellowship at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. During fellowship, he earned a Masters in Clinical and Translational Research from the University of Cincinnati. He then completed an advanced imaging fellowship at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta/Emory University.
Dr. Tandon’s current clinical and research interests are focused on the use of cardiac MRI (CMR) to aid in noninvasive histology and the understanding of pathophysiology; the development and use of wearable and other monitoring devices; the collection and analysis of big data through machine learning and the development of predictive analytics; 3D printing, 3D visualization, virtual reality, and augmented reality in congenital heart disease; and fellow education.
He currently serves on the AAP’s Section of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Early Career Working Group; the American College of Cardiology Early Career Section Leadership Council; and the American Heart Association Center for Health Technology & Innovation (CHTI) Health Technology Advisory Group (HTAG).
In 2019, Dr. Tandon was named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor Rising Star.
- Wearable Technology in Healthcare (WATCH) Society
- Society of Pediatric Echocardiography
- Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Board of Pediatrics (2011)
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology (2014)
- North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging (2015), Pediatric Research Group Steering Committee Founding Member
- American College of Cardiology (2017-2020), Fellow, Early Career Section Leadership Council
- American Heart Association (2017), Center for Health Technology & Innovation (CHTI) Health Technology Advisory Group (HTAG)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2015), Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Early Career Working Group Member
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor Rising Star 2019
- Honorable Mention, Poster Competition, Pediatric Research Conference 2015, Inflammation in Pediatric Health: Improving Care Through Innovation and Technology
- Early Career Investigator Award 2014, American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young (CVDY)
- Clinical Stipend 2017, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Early Career Research Award 2016, Children's Clinical Research Advisory Committee
- Oral presentation for Best Scientific Report 2016, 12th Advanced Symposium on Pediatric Cardiovascular Imaging, Society for Pediatric Radiology, Houston, TX
- Young Investigator Award 2014, American College of Cardiology
- CCHMC Clinical and Translational Research Fellowship Award 2013
- MD with Distinction in Research 2008, University of Michigan Medical School
- HHMI-NIH Research Scholars (Cloister) Program 2007
- NINDS Intramural Retreat Outstanding Poster Award 2007
- W. Oren Boren Scholarship 2005, University of Michigan Medical School
- Summer Biomedical Research Program 2004, University of Michigan Medical School
- Joseph Collins Scholarship 2003-2008
- Pediatric Research Loan Repayment Program Awardee 2016, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Fellow 2015, American College of Cardiology
- Summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Sigma Xi 2003, Washington University, St. Louis
- Undergraduate Biological Sciences Educational Program 2001, HHMI at Washington University, St. Louis
- Dean's List 2000-2002, Washington University, St. Louis
- NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research 2000, NINDS
3D Whole Heart Imaging for Congenital Heart Disease.
Greil G, Tandon AA, Silva Vieira M, Hussain T Frontiers in pediatrics 2017 5 36
Rationalising the use of cardiac catheterisation before Glenn completion.
James L, Tandon A, Nugent A, Malik S, Ramaciotti C, Greil G, Zabala L, Forbess J, Hussain T Cardiology in the young 2018 Mar 1-6
Timely Pulmonary Valve Replacement May Allow Preservation of Left Ventricular Circumferential Strain in Patients with Tetralogy of Fallot.
Burkhardt BE, Velasco Forte MN, Durairaj S, Rafiq I, Valverde I, Tandon A, Simpson J, Hussain T Frontiers in pediatrics 2017 5 39
Use of a semi-automated cardiac segmentation tool improves reproducibility and speed of segmentation of contaminated right heart magnetic resonance angiography.
Tandon A, Byrne N, Nieves Velasco Forte ML, Zhang S, Dyer AK, Dillenbeck JM, Greil GF, Hussain T The international journal of cardiovascular imaging 2016 May
A systematic review of image segmentation methodology, used in the additive manufacture of patient-specific 3D printed models of the cardiovascular system.
Byrne N, Velasco Forte M, Tandon A, Valverde I, Hussain T JRSM cardiovascular disease 2016 Jan-Dec 5 2048004016645467
Risk factors for aortic valve disease in bicuspid aortic valve: a family-based study.
Calloway TJ, Martin LJ, Zhang X, Tandon A, Benson DW, Hinton RB American journal of medical genetics. Part A 2011 May 155A 5 1015-20
Temporal summation of heat pain in humans: Evidence supporting thalamocortical modulation.
Tran TD, Wang H, Tandon A, Hernandez-Garcia L, Casey KL Pain 2010 Jul 150 1 93-102
RNA polymerase subunit requirements for activation by the enhancer-binding protein Rhodobacter capsulatus NtrC.
Richard CL, Tandon A, Sloan NR, Kranz RG The Journal of biological chemistry 2003 Aug 278 34 31701-8
Dual-phase whole-heart imaging using image navigation in congenital heart disease.
Moyé DM, Hussain T, Botnar RM, Tandon A, Greil GF, Dyer AK, Henningsson M BMC medical imaging 2018 Oct 18 1 36
Update on the Role of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Congenital Heart Disease.
Rajiah P, Tandon A, Greil GF, Abbara S Current treatment options in cardiovascular medicine 2017 Jan 19 1 2
Improved high-resolution pediatric vascular cardiovascular magnetic resonance with gadofosveset-enhanced 3D respiratory navigated, inversion recovery prepared gradient echo readout imaging compared to 3D balanced steady-state free precession readout imaging.
Tandon A, Hashemi S, Parks WJ, Kelleman MS, Sallee D, Slesnick TC Journal of cardiovascular magnetic resonance : official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance 2016 Nov 18 1 74
Dystrophin genotype-cardiac phenotype correlations in Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.
Tandon A, Jefferies JL, Villa CR, Hor KN, Wong BL, Ware SM, Gao Z, Towbin JA, Mazur W, Fleck RJ, Sticka JJ, Benson DW, Taylor MD The American journal of cardiology 2015 Apr 115 7 967-71
Rhodobacter capsulatus nifA1 promoter: high-GC -10 regions in high-GC bacteria and the basis for their transcription.
Richard CL, Tandon A, Kranz RG Journal of bacteriology 2004 Feb 186 3 740-9
Feasibility of 3D black-blood variable refocusing angle fast spin echo cardiovascular magnetic resonance for visualization of the whole heart and great vessels in congenital heart disease.
Henningsson M, Zahr RA, Dyer A, Greil GF, Burkhardt B, Tandon A, Hussain T Journal of cardiovascular magnetic resonance : official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance 2018 11 20 1 76
Co-occurring Duchenne muscular dystrophy and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in an adult with atypical cardiac phenotype.
Tandon A, Taylor MD, Cripe LH Cardiology in the young 2015 Feb 25 2 355-7
Cardiogenic shock as the initial presentation of neonatal systemic hypertension.
Xiao N, Tandon A, Goldstein S, Lorts A Journal of neonatal-perinatal medicine 2013 6 3 267-72
Myocardial fibrosis burden predicts left ventricular ejection fraction and is associated with age and steroid treatment duration in duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Tandon A, Villa CR, Hor KN, Jefferies JL, Gao Z, Towbin JA, Wong BL, Mazur W, Fleck RJ, Sticka JJ, Benson DW, Taylor MD Journal of the American Heart Association 2015 Apr 4 4
Regulation of SMN protein stability.
Burnett BG, Muñoz E, Tandon A, Kwon DY, Sumner CJ, Fischbeck KH Molecular and cellular biology 2009 Mar 29 5 1107-15
A clinical combined gadobutrol bolus and slow infusion protocol enabling angiography, inversion recovery whole heart, and late gadolinium enhancement imaging in a single study.
Tandon A, James L, Henningsson M, Botnar RM, Potersnak A, Greil GF, Hussain T Journal of cardiovascular magnetic resonance : official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance 2016 Oct 18 1 66
Tools to Stay Organized: Using Software to Enhance Efficiency
Tandon A Congenital Cardiology Today 2016 14 2 12
- 3D Whole Heart Imaging for Congenital Heart Disease.
- Wearables, biosensors, implantables, and other monitoring devices for use in pediatric cardiology/congenital heart disease
- Vessel wall health in congenital and acquired heart disease through novel cardiac MRI imaging techniques
- Imaging of animal models of congenital heart disease
- Emerging and disruptive technologies in pediatric cardiology/congenital heart disease
- Development and validation of new, advanced cardiac MRI techniques for use in pediatric cardiology/congenital heart disease
- Cardiac MRI for noninvasive tissue characterization
- 3D printing, 3D modeling, 3D visualization, virtual reality, and augmented reality for improved visualization of and pre-interventional planning for congenital heart disease
- Big data and predictive analytics in pediatric cardiology/congenital heart disease
Showing 2 locations