- Medical School - Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (2004-2008)
- Residency - Advocate Health Care/Advocate Christ Medical Center (2008-2011), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - Emory University School of Medicine (2011-2014), Pediatric Endocrinology
Ayanna Butler-Cephas, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Endocrinology
Dr. Butler-Cephas joined the division of Pediatric Endocrinology at UT Southwestern as an Assistant Professor in December 2018. She completed her pediatric residency at Advocate Children’s Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois in 2011 and then completed her pediatric endocrinology fellowship at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia in 2014. Following her fellowship, Dr. Butler-Cephas worked at the Eastern Virginia Medical School/Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters.
She has an interest in general pediatric endocrinology as well as diabetes mellitus. She is member of the Pediatric Endocrine Society and the Endocrine Society.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2008-2011), Member
- Endocrine Society (2011), Member
- Pediatric Endocrine Society (2012), Member
- Dean's Scholarship 1999, Washington University
- Ralph Bunche Scholar Award 2000-2002, Washington University
- Travel Award for PAS/PES 2013, Pediatric Endocrine Society
- Ethics Essay Competition, 1st Place 2013, Pediatric Endocrine Society
- Early Career Forum Travel Award 2013, Endocrine Society
- Diabetes mellitus