- Medical School - UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2009-2013)
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016-2019), Gastroenterology
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013-2016), Internal Medicine
Balaji Ayyar, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Digestive and Liver Diseases
Balaji Ayyar, M.D., is a Faculty Associate in the Digestive and Liver Diseases Division of the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Ayyar earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at UT Southwestern.
He joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Ayyar is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American College of Physicians, and the Texas Medical Association. As a medical student, he co-founded and was president of the Gastroenterology Interest Group.
He has delivered several presentations and published numerous academic articles.
Current and emerging strategies in the management of Crohn's disease.
Randall C, Vizuete J, Wendorf G, Ayyar B, Constantine G, Best practice & research. Clinical gastroenterology 2012 Oct 26 5 601-10
A Patient-Centered Approach to Postgraduate Trainee Health and Wellness: An Applied Review and Health Care Delivery Model.
Carvour ML, Ayyar BK, Chien KS, Ramirez NC, Yamamoto H, Academic medicine : journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges 2016 09 91 9 1205-10
- Current and emerging strategies in the management of Crohn's disease.