- Residency - Christiana Care Health System - Wilmington (2003-2006), Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Fellowship - Emory University School of Medicine (2006-2009), Pediatric Cardiology
- Internship - Christiana Care Health System - Wilmington (2002-2003), Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Medical School - Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine (1998-2002)
Colin Kane, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Imaging
Colin E. Kane, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics and Director of the Pediatric Cardiology Outreach Program at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in pediatric cardiology.
Dr. Kane earned his medical degree at Loyola University. After completing a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at the Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, he received advanced training in pediatric cardiology through a fellowship at Emory University.
Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics in both pediatrics and pediatric cardiology, Dr. Kane joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2009.
His clinical interests include echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, and single ventricle heart disease.
- American College of Physicians (2002-2009)
- American College of Cardiology (2006-2010)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2002-2009)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2013)
- Chief Resident 2005, Med / Peds
Cardiotoxicity associated with the synthetic cannabinoid, K9, with laboratory confirmation.
Young AC, Schwarz E, Medina G, Obafemi A, Feng SY, Kane C, Kleinschmidt K The American journal of emergency medicine 2011 Jul
Left ventricular function improves after pulmonary valve replacement in patients with previous right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction and biventricular dysfunction.
Kane C, Kogon B, Pernetz M, McConnell M, Kirshbom P, Rodby K, Book WM Texas Heart Institute journal 2011 38 3 234-7
Myocardial infarction associated with use of the synthetic cannabinoid K2.
Mir A, Obafemi A, Young A, Kane C Pediatrics 2011 Dec 128 6 e1622-7
Modified Senning Procedure for Correction of Atrioventricular Discordance With Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return, Atrial Situs Inversus, Dextrocardia, and Bilateral Superior Venae Cavae.
Sebastian VA, Guleserian KJ, Juraszek A, Kane C, Hamzeh R, Forbess JM The Annals of thoracic surgery 2015 Oct 100 4 1446-8
- Cardiotoxicity associated with the synthetic cannabinoid, K9, with laboratory confirmation.
- Cardiotoxicity Associated with the Synthetic Cannabinoid, K9, with Laboratory Confirmation
- Myocardial Infarction Associated with Use of K2
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Single Ventricle Heart Disease