- Residency - Tulane Medical Center (2012-2015), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2008-2012)
Edmond Fomunung, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Hospital Medicine UH
Dr. Fomunung was born in Cameroon and completed his medical education at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. His interest in Internal Medicine led him to Tulane University, where his passion for global health led him to a Johnson and Johnson Global Health Scholarship.
Dr. Fomunung brings to UTSW a strong foundation in clinical medicine, a record of leadership and a passion for educating both patients and the next generation of clinicians. His current interests include optimizing patient-centered care, health finance and economics, and global health.
His interests outside of medicine include music, movies, reading, writing and travel.
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2014), Member
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2014), Member
- The Merage Foundation Fellowship 2008, Merage Foundation for the American Dream
- Yale/Stanford Johnson and Johnson Global Health Scholarship 2014, Yale/Stanford Universities, Johnson and Johnson
Natural disasters and myocardial infarction: the six years after Hurricane Katrina.
Peters MN, Moscona JC, Katz MJ, Deandrade KB, Quevedo HC, Tiwari S, Burchett AR, Turnage TA, Singh KY, Fomunung EN, Srivastav S, Delafontaine P, Irimpen AM Mayo Clinic proceedings 2014 Apr 89 4 472-7
- Natural disasters and myocardial infarction: the six years after Hurricane Katrina.
- Transitions of Care
- Patient-centered Care
- Global Health