- Other Post Graduate Training - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008-2011)
- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008-2011)
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2003-2006), Pediatric Endocrinology
- Residency - University Hospitals of Cleveland (2001-2003), Pediatrics
- Internship - University Hospitals of Cleveland (2000-2001), Pediatrics
- Medical School - Creighton University (1996-2000)
Ellen Grishman, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology. She obtained her medical degree at Creighton University in 2000, her residency training at Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital/University Hospitals of Cleveland in 2003, and a fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2006. She is currently researching the pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes.
Dr. Grishman was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018 and 2022 and on its Best Pediatric Specialists list for 2020 and 2021.
- Texas Pediatric Society
- Honorary Member, Lawson-Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Diabetes Association (2014)
- D Magazine Best Doctor, 2018, 2022
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist 2020-2021
- Endocrine Society 2006, Clinical Fellows Travel Grant to attend the 88th Annual Endocrine Society Meeting
- European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology Summer School for Fellows 2005, Selected to attend the European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology Summer School for Fellows by the Lawson-Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society Awards Committee
- International Health Tract Completed 2003
- Excellence in Patient Care Award 2002
- Dr. Roy Peterson Scholarship 1999, for excellent academic and clinical performance in the third year of medical school
- Deans Letter of Commendation 1999
Diabetes symptoms predictors of health-related quality of life in adolescents and young adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Varni JW, Delamater AM, Hood KK, Raymond JK, Driscoll KA, Wong JC, Adi S, Yi-Frazier JP, Grishman EK, Faith MA, Corathers SD, Kichler JC, Miller JL, Doskey EM, Aguirre VP, Heffer RW, Wilson DP Quality of life research : an international journal of quality of life aspects of treatment, care and rehabilitation 2018 May
Diabetes Management Mediating Effects between Diabetes Symptoms and Health-Related Quality of Life in Adolescents and Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
Varni JW, Delamater AM, Hood KK, Driscoll KA, Wong JC, Adi S, Yi-Frazier JP, Grishman EK, Faith MA, Corathers SD, Kichler JC, Miller JL, Raymond JK, Doskey EM, Aguirre V, Heffer RW, Wilson DP Pediatric diabetes 2018 Jun
A phase I study of anti-inflammatory therapy with rilonacept in adolescents and adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
White PC, Adhikari S, Grishman EK, Sumpter KM Pediatric diabetes 2018 Mar
PedsQL 3.2 Diabetes Module for Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults: Reliability and Validity in Type 1 Diabetes.
Varni JW, Delamater AM, Hood KK, Raymond JK, Chang NT, Driscoll KA, Wong JC, Yi-Frazier JP, Grishman EK, Faith MA, Corathers SD, Kichler JC, Miller JL, Doskey EM, Heffer RW, Wilson DP Diabetes care 2018 Jul
Gene expression changes in human islets exposed to type 1 diabetic serum.
Jackson AM, Kanak MA, Grishman EK, Chaussabel D, Levy MF, Naziruddin B Islets 2012 Jul-Aug 4 4 312-9
Adherence to antimalarial combination therapy with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine and artesunate in rural Tanzania.
Kachur SP, Khatib RA, Kaizer E, Fox SS, Abdulla SM, Bloland PB The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene 2004 Dec 71 6 715-22
Gene expression profiling of human pancreatic islets undergoing a simulated process of instant blood-mediated inflammatory reaction.
Jackson A, McWilliams C, Kaizer E, Chaussabel D, Glaser C, Noguchi H, Matsumoto S, Levy MF, Naziruddin B Transplantation proceedings 2008 Mar 40 2 430-2
Parenteral glutamine infusion alters insulin-mediated glucose metabolism.
Borel MJ, Williams PE, Jabbour K, Levenhagen D, Kaizer E, Flakoll PJ JPEN. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition 1998 Sep-Oct 22 5 280-5
Preliminary studies related to anti-interleukin-1ß therapy in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes.
Sumpter KM, Adhikari S, Grishman EK, White PC Pediatric diabetes 2011 Apr
A modular analysis framework for blood genomics studies: application to systemic lupus erythematosus.
Chaussabel D, Quinn C, Shen J, Patel P, Glaser C, Baldwin N, Stichweh D, Blankenship D, Li L, Munagala I, Bennett L, Allantaz F, Mejias A, Ardura M, Kaizer E, Monnet L, Allman W, Randall H, Johnson D, Lanier A, Punaro M, Wittkowski KM, White P, Fay J, Klintmalm G, Ramilo O, Palucka AK, Banchereau J, Pascual V Immunity 2008 Jul 29 1 150-64
Gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from children with diabetes.
Kaizer EC, Glaser CL, Chaussabel D, Banchereau J, Pascual V, White PC The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism 2007 Sep 92 9 3705-11
- Diabetes symptoms predictors of health-related quality of life in adolescents and young adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes in Children