- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018-2019), Vascular Surgery
- Residency - Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center (2012-2017), General Surgery
- Fellowship - Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences (2007-2010), Vascular Surgery
- Residency - Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences (1999-2004), General Surgery
- Medical School - Islamic Azad University (1992-1999)
Fatemeh Malekpour, M.D., M.Sc., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in vascular surgery.
Dr. Malekpour earned her medical degree at Azad University of Medical Sciences in Tehran, Iran. She completed residencies in general surgery at Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, also in Tehran, and the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center/Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. She received advanced training in vascular and endovascular surgery through fellowships at Shahid Beheshti University; the European Society of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery in Milan, Italy; and UT Southwestern. She also holds a master’s degree in epidemiology from the University of London.
Certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, Dr. Malekpour joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019. Her interests include aneurysm repairs, carotid artery disease, and peripheral vascular disease.
Dr. Malekpour was the first female vascular surgeon in Iran. She is a member of the Medical Council of the Islamic Republic of Iran.