- Medical School - University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (2004-2008)
- Internship - University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (2008-2009), Internal Medicine
- Residency - UC San Diego (2009-2013), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - Boston Children's Hospital (2013-2014), Pediatric Radiology
Gary Schooler, M.D.
- Radiology - Pediatric
Gary Schooler, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division.
Dr. Schooler holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Oklahoma, where he also earned his medical degree. He performed his radiology residency training at the University of California - San Diego, where he served as Chief Resident. He then received advanced training in pediatric radiology through a fellowship program at Boston Children's Hospital, where he served as Chief Fellow.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020, Dr. Schooler served as Assistant Professor of Radiology at Duke University Medical Center.
Dr. Schooler's research interests include pediatric abdominal imaging with a focus on pediatric liver and biliary disorders. He has contributed to nine book chapters and has published more than 23 original research articles in peer-reviewed journals. He has been invited to present his findings as an invited lecturer throughout the United States.
He is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American College of Radiology, and the Society for Pediatric Radiology. He also serves on the Exams Standard-Setting Committee for Pediatric Radiology of the American Board of Radiology.
Dr. Schooler serves as a reviewer for Abdominal Radiology, Pediatric Radiology and the American Journal of Roentgenology.
During his free time, Dr. Schooler enjoys astrophotography, playing guitar, and cycling.
- American College of Radiology
- Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Chief Radiology Fellow 2013-2014, Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Chief Radiology Resident 2012-2013, University of California - San Diego