- Other Post Graduate Training - Harvard University (1995-2002)
- Medical School - University of California Davis School of Medicine (2011-2015)
- Internship - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2015-2016)
- Residency - Massachusetts General Hospital (2016-2019)
Horacio Chiong-Rivero, M.D., Ph.D.
- Multiple Sclerosis
Schedule an Appointment Now
Existing patients may also schedule an appointment using MyChart.
Neurology (Fort Worth)
600 South Main Street, 3rd Floor, Suite 3.200, Fort Worth, Texas 76104
Horacio Chiong-Rivero, M.D., Ph.D., is a Faculty Associate in the Department of Neurology and Neurotherapeutics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology.
Dr. Chiong-Rivero earned his medical degree at the University of California, Davis. His residency was Harvard Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital. This was followed by advanced training in neuroimmunology and multiple sclerosis through a fellowship at Keck Medicine of University of Southern California and Los Angeles County+USC Medical Center. Dr. Chiong-Rivero also holds a doctoral degree in Romance languages and literatures from Harvard University, and an undergraduate degree in comparative literature from Yale University. He is a native speaker of Spanish.
Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Chiong-Rivero’s research addresses the socioeconomic, cultural, and linguistic factors that contribute to health and racial disparities in neurological disease, particularly focusing on Hispanics with multiple sclerosis.
He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Medical Association.
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
- Clinical Fellowship Award 2019-2020, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Neuromyelitis optica testing and treatment: Availability and affordability in 60 countries.
Holroyd K, Vogel A, Lynch K, Gazdag B, Voghel M, Alakel N, Patenaude BN, Chiong-Rivero H, Mateen FJ, Multiple sclerosis and related disorders 2019 Aug 33 44-50
Patients' and caregivers' experiences of the impact of Parkinson's disease on health status.
Chiong-Rivero H, Ryan GW, Flippen C, Bordelon Y, Szumski NR, Zesiewicz TA, Vassar S, Weidmer B, García RE, Bradley M, Vickrey BG, Patient related outcome measures 2011 Mar 2011 2 57-70
- Neuromyelitis optica testing and treatment: Availability and affordability in 60 countries.
- Health and Racial Disparities in Neurological Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- General Neurology
Showing 1 locations