- Other Post Graduate Training - UT Dallas/Naveen Jindal School of Management
- Fellowship - UCLA Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program (2006-2008), Internal Medicine
- Other Post Graduate Training - UCLA School of Public Health Department of Health Services (2006-2008)
- Medical School - Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Science (1999-2003)
- Graduate School - UCLA School of Public Health Department of Health Services (2006-2008)
- Graduate School - UT Dallas/Naveen Jindal School of Management, Management and Administrative Sciences
- Residency - UCLA School of Medicine (2003-2004), Internal Medicine
Jason Fish, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
- Adult Preventive Medicine
Jason S. Fish, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He serves as Chief Medical Officer for Southwestern Health Resources, a leading, clinically integrated network bringing together the strengths of UT Southwestern, Texas Health Resources, and independent physicians within the Dallas-Fort Worth area. He specializes in general internal medicine.
Dr. Fish earned his medical degree at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University. He performed his residency in internal medicine and completed the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars program, earning a master’s degree in health services research, at the University of California, Los Angeles. He also holds a master’s degree in health care organization leadership from the Jindal School of Management at UT Dallas.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Fish joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2011.
His research interests include value-based models of care delivery, quality improvement methodology and science, clinical decision support and informatics, preventive care, and chronic care management.
Dr. Fish is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and the American College of Physicians.
- American College of Physicians
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Nicholas E. Davies Enterprise Award of Excellence 2017, Healthcare Information and Management System Society
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Care National Recognition in Bridges to Excellence National Program in General Internal Medicine 2012-2020
- Healthcare Informatics Innovation of the Year - Ambulatory Quality Program UTSW 2016, Healthcare Informatics
- Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition (Level 3-Highest Level) - General Internal Medicine 2010-2016, National Committee for Quality Assurance
- On-Time Doctor 2015, Vitals
- Beta Gamma Sigma (Honors Society in Business) 2014, The University of Texas at Dallas, Jindal School of Management
- Patients Choice Award 2008-2011, University of California, Los Angeles
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010, University of California, Los Angeles
- UCLA Star Award 2010, Dedication to Excellence: Patient or Colleague Recognition Award
- Lipkin Finalist 2008, Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Meeting, Scientific Abstract, UCLA
- Commendation for Excellence in Medical Student Teaching 2004, University of California, Los Angeles
- Alpha Omega Alpha 2003, Honor Medical Society, Weill Cornell Medical School
The Quality Chasm in Diabetes in Cardiovascular Diseases: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Fish J (2014)
- The Quality Chasm in Diabetes in Cardiovascular Diseases: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Receptor isoform and ligand-specific modulation of dihydrotestosterone-induced prostate specific antigen gene expression and prostate tumor cell growth by estrogens.
Zhu YS, Cai LQ, Huang Y, Fish J, Wang L, Zhang ZK, Imperato-McGinley JL Journal of andrology 2005 Jul-Aug 26 4 500-8; discussion 509-10
Response to Letter to Editor re "Association of Perceived Neighborhood Safety on Body Mass Index"
Fish J, Ettner S, Ang A, Brown AF American Journal of Public Health in press
Association of perceived neighborhood safety with [corrected] body mass index.
Fish JS, Ettner S, Ang A, Brown AF American journal of public health 2010 Nov 100 11
Analysis of an Intervention on Discharge Summary Quality and Timeliness
Mourra N, Fish J, Pfeffer, M European Journal For Person Centered Healthcare 2015 3 3
Work hour restrictions and internal medicine residents' health-related quality of life.
Walling A, Hays RD, Fish J, Mahajan AP, Vazirani S, Friedman J, Wenger NS Medical teacher 2009 Feb 31 2 186
Book Review. Doctors in Transition: The Socialization and Bioethics of the First-Year Attending by Alessia Minicozzi
Fish J The New Physician, American Medical Student Association 2010 Apr
Recommended care adherence: improved by patient reminder letters but with potential attenuation by the healthcare process complexity.
Zhang Z, Fish J Quality in primary care 2012 20 2 149-64
- Receptor isoform and ligand-specific modulation of dihydrotestosterone-induced prostate specific antigen gene expression and prostate tumor cell growth by estrogens.
- Value-Based Models of Care Delivery
- Chronic Care Management
- Clinical Decision Support/Informatics
- Preventive Care
- Quality Improvement Methodology and Science
- Adult Preventive Medicine
Results: 1 Locations