- Medical School - Wayne State University School of Medicine (2015-2019)
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019-2022), Internal Medicine
Jenny Jan, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Hospital Medicine - University Hospitals
- Health Care Disparities
Jenny Jan, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in hospital medicine.
Dr. Jan earned her medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine, and she completed her residency in internal medicine at UT Southwestern. She also holds a master’s degree in medical sciences from Boston University.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
Dr. Jan’s academic interests include medical education, disparities in health care, and gastroenterology. She has published academic articles and delivered presentations related to her areas of expertise.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Jan’s interests include golf, trying new restaurants, Peloton workouts, reading, and spending time with her Australian shepherd, Clancy.
Education & Training
Honors & Awards
- Senior Resident Teaching Award 2022, UT Southwestern Internal Medicine Residency
- Best Publication by a Senior Resident 2022, UT Southwestern Internal Medicine Residency
- Oliver J. Marcotte, M.D., Endowed Humanitarian Award 2019, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Glasgow-Rubin Citation for Academic Achievement 2019, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Honorable Mention, Research Symposium 2019, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society 2019, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Clerkship Honors 2017, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Robert C. Fraser, M.D. Scholarship Recipient 2016-2018, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Comprehensive Honors 2015-2017, Wayne State University School of Medicine
Books & Publications
miR-15a/16 reduces retinal leukostasis through decreased pro-inflammatory signaling.
Ye EA, Liu L, Jiang Y, Jan J, Gaddipati S, Suvas S, Steinle JJ Journal of neuroinflammation 2016 Dec 13 1 305
Racial and Sex Disparities in Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the USA.
Ajayi F, Jan J, Singal AG, Rich NE, Current hepatology reports 2020 Dec 19 4 462-469
Racial Diversity in Hepatocellular Carcinoma in a Predominately African-American Population at an Urban Medical Center.
Rutledge B, Jan J, Benjaram S, Sahni N, Naylor P, Philip P, Ehrinpreis M, Mutchnick M, Journal of gastrointestinal cancer 2020 Sep 51 3 972-979
Gender, Age, Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Clinical Trial Enrollment for Primary Liver Cancer.
Jan J, Osho A, Murphy CC, Mazure CM, Singal AG, Rich NE, Gastroenterology 2022 Mar
- miR-15a/16 reduces retinal leukostasis through decreased pro-inflammatory signaling.
- Health Care Disparities
- Hospital Medicine
- Medical Education