- Medical School - Sardar Patel Medical College, India (1998-2003)
- Internship - Sardar Patel Medical College, India (2004-2004), Rotating
- Residency - Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, India (2005-2008), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center (2009-2010), Neuroradiology
- Fellowship - Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center (2010-2011), Interventional Radiology
- Fellowship - Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center (2011-2012), Abdominal Imaging
Kanupriya Vijay, M.D.
Director, Abdominal Radiology Fellowship Program
- Radiology - General
Kanupriya Vijay, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Abdominal Imaging Division. She also serves as Director of the Abdominal Radiology Fellowship program.
Originally from India, she earned her medical degree at the University of Rajasthan in Jaipur, India, and obtained her radiology residency training at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital in Mumbai. She then received advanced training at Pennsylvania State University's Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania, in abdominal imaging, interventional radiology, and neuroradiology.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017, Dr. Vijay was an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, where she also served as Medical Director of Ultrasound, as well as Resident and Medical Student Education Director for the ultrasound section.
Dr. Vijay is active in several national and international organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the Indian Radiologic and Imaging Association, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society.
She has co-authored 15 original research articles and produced 25 educational exhibits and scientific abstracts for various national and international conferences.