- Other Post Graduate Training - Fellowship. Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine (2018-2020)
- Medical School - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2010-2014)
- Internship - Sparrow Hospital (2014-2015), Rotating
- Residency - Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (2015-2018), Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Fellowship - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2018-2020), Pediatric Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Kelli Chaviano, D.O.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
Kelli Chaviano, D.O., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in pediatric rehabilitation medicine.
Dr. Chaviano earned her medical degree at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Michigan State University and received advanced training in pediatric rehabilitation medicine through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dr. Chaviano joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Chaviano is the Program Director for Integrative Cancer Rehabilitation (I CAN Rehab) and the Associate Program Director for the Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Fellowship Program at UT Southwestern/Children’s Health.
She serves on the Educational Committee of the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Academy of Osteopathy, and the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Chaviano has contributed to the books Heart Disease in Women and Pediatric Rehabilitation: Principles and Practice, delivered a number of invited lectures, and published several academic articles.
Among many other honors, Dr. Chaviano received the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Excellence in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Award.
- American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine, Educational Committee
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Osteopathic Cranial Academy
- Dolgin Scholarship 2019, American Academy of Osteopathy - Osteopathic Cranial Academy Course
- Excellence in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Award 2014, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Chest pain evaluation in women presenting to the emergency department
Sanam, K et al Heart Disease in Women 2015 110-117
The Use of Nitric Oxide/Plasma Therapy in the Treatment of Recalcitrant Wounds
Treadwell T, Walker D, Nicholson BJ. Taylor M, Alston A, Murray S, Pickens A, and K Chaviano Symposium for Advanced Wound Care 2014
Rinaldi, B, Skalsky A, and K Chaviano Pediatric Rehabilitation: Principles and Practice 2020 478-504
COVID-19 pandemic: Early effects on pediatric rehabilitation medicine training.
Kivlehan E, Chaviano K, Fetsko L, Javaid S, Chandan P, Rojas AM, Dubon ME, Journal of pediatric rehabilitation medicine 2020 13 3 289-299
- Chest pain evaluation in women presenting to the emergency department
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Osteopathic manipulative medicine
- Pain Management
- Brain Injury
- Demyelinating Disorders
- Intrathecal baclofen pump management