- Medical School - Rajiv Ghandi University of Health Sciences, India (1996-2003)
- Fellowship - Texas Heart Institute (2008-2010), Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- Residency - Northern Deanery School of Surgery (2010-2011), General Surgery
- Residency - Northern Deanery School of Radiology (2011-2017), Abdominal Imaging
- Fellowship - Brigham and Womens Hospital (2017-2018), Cardiovascular Imaging
- Fellowship - Brigham & Women's Hospital (2018-2019), Emergency Radiology
- Fellowship - Boston Children's Hospital (2019-2020), Pediatric Radiology
- Fellowship - Boston Children's Hospital (2020-2021), Pediatric Interventional Radiology
Maaz Ghouri, M.D.
- Radiology - Pediatric
Maaz Ghouri, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division.
Originally from India, Dr. Ghouri received his medical education at the Rajiv Ghandi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore. He then completed an internship in general surgery, anesthetics and critical care at Southern General Hospital in Glasgow, Scotland. He received surgical residency training at King's College Hospital in London before coming to the United States for fellowship training in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, and in peripheral vascular intervention at the Texas Heart Institute in Houston. He then received residency training in general surgery and in radiology at Newcastle University in England. Dr. Ghouri completed fellowship programs in non-invasive cardiovascular imaging and in emergency medicine at Brigham Women's Hospital in Boston. Prior to joining the faculty in 2021, he received advanced training in pediatric radiology and in pediatric interventional radiology at Boston Children's Hospital.
Dr. Ghouri's research interests include using 3D printing models to assess the impact on safety and feasibility for percutaneous image-guided tumor ablations in pediatric patients. His investigations have resulted in 14 peer-reviewed publications and two book chapters, in addition to presentations at scientific conferences throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Dr. Ghouri is an active member of numerous professional organizations, including the Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of Pediatric Interventional Radiology, Society of Interventional Oncology, International Society for Study of Vascular Anomalies, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe, Society of Pediatric Radiology, American Roentgen Ray Society, European Society of Radiology, and the Radiological Society of North America, which he serves as a member of the 3D Printing Special Interest Group.
Dr. Ghouri currently serves as a reviewer for Acta Radiologica Journal and the British Medical Journal.
During his free time, Dr. Ghouri enjoys reading, cycling, fishing and kayaking.