- Fellowship - University of Virginia School of Medicine (2017-2018), Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Residency - Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2013-2017), Diagnostic Radiology
- Internship - Griffin Hospital (2012-2013), Internal Medicine
- Research Fellowship - Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2009-2012), Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Medical School - IRAN University of Medical Sciences & Health Services (1998-2006)
Originally from Iran, Dr. Chalian received his medical degree from Iran University of Medical Sciences in Tehran. He then received advanced training through a research fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. He obtained radiology residency training at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Cleveland, and advanced training through a fellowship program in musculoskeletal radiology at University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, where he also served as a clinical instructor of emergency radiology.
Dr. Chalian's research has resulted in more than 40 original articles in peer-reviewed publications, as well as contributions to four scholarly books. He has also presented his findings at professional conferences throughout the United States and around the world.
Dr. Chalian serves on the editorial boards of the World Journal of Rheumatology and Advances in Bioscience and Clinical Medicine. He also works as a reviewer for several publications, including Academic Radiology, Skeletal Radiology, and the European Journal of Radiology.
He also is a member of several national and international professional societies, including the American Roentgen Ray Society, Radiological Society of North America, European Society of Radiology, American Society of Emergency Radiology, American College of Radiology, and the Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance.
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance
- Radiological Society of North America
- European Society of Radiology
- American Society of Emergency Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- Young Investigator Award 2011, Society of Skeletal Radiology
- First Place Trainee Prize 2011, Association of University Radiologists
- Second Place Trainee Prize 2012, Association of University Radiologists
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award 2016, Radiological Society of North America