- Graduate School - Saint Mary's University, Clinical Psychology
- Medical School - University of Texas Health Sci, Medicine
- Undergraduate - University of Texas Health Sci, Psychology
Manuel Dominguez, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Manuel Dominguez, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Dominguez earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. He completed an internship in internal medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a residency in internal medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine – Houston Methodist Hospital. He then returned to UT Southwestern for advanced training through a nephrology fellowship. He also holds a master’s degree in clinical psychology from Saint Mary’s University in San Antonio.
His research interests include acute kidney injury, cardiorenal syndrome, disturbances of water and sodium balance, hypertension, hyponatremia, and renal manifestations of multiple myeloma.
Dr. Dominguez is a Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology and a member of the Texas Medical Association and the Dallas County Medical Society.
In 2015, Dr. Dominguez was the UT Southwestern Emergency Medicine Residency Program’s Consultant of the Year. In 2006, he earned the Hispanic American Medical Association of Houston’s Recognition Award.
He is fluent in Spanish.
- American Society of Nephrology (2011), Fellow
- Dallas County Medical Society (2008)
- Texas Medical Association (2004)
- Consultant of the Year 2015, UT Southwestern Emergency Medicine Residency
- Recognition Award 2006, Hispanic American Medical Association of Houston
Efficacy of 3% saline vs. conivaptan in achieving hyponatremia treatment goals.
Dominguez M, Perez JA, Patel CB Methodist DeBakey cardiovascular journal 2013 Jan-Mar 9 1 49-53
Be mindful of effective osmoles when instituting therapy for re-establishment of eunatremia
Dominguez, M American Society of Nephrology 2019 Kidney Week Abstract Supplement 2019
TMK/GFR as a measure of renal potassium handling National Kidney
Dominguez M, Huang CL, Hedayati SA 2013
- Efficacy of 3% saline vs. conivaptan in achieving hyponatremia treatment goals.
- Acute kidney injury
- Cardiorenal syndrome
- Disturbances of water and sodium balance
- Renal manifestations of multiple myeloma