- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016-2018), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Residency - UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2013-2016), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico (2003-2010)
Maria Isabel Esparza, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She works in the Division of Endocrinology at the Weight Wellness Clinic.
Dr. Esparza is originally from Chicago and grew up in Mexico. She earned her medical degree at Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes, graduating with honors. She completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center and then received advanced training in endocrinology and metabolism through a fellowship at UT Southwestern, where she participated in lipid research.
She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in September 2018.
Dr. Esparza has delivered numerous presentations and published several academic articles.
- The Endocrine Society (2016), Member
- American Thyroid Association (2016), Member
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (2016), Member
- The Obesity Society (2018), Member
- National Quality 2010 Award 2009, Rural Clinic "Temazcal" in Calvillo, Aguascalientes by Secretaria de Salud del Estado de Aguascalientes
- Highest University Honors 2010, Centro Biomedico of Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes (Medical School)
Renal function and carotid artery disease: many questions, few answers.
Prasad A, Isabel Esparza M Catheterization and cardiovascular interventions : official journal of the Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions 2014 Aug 84 2 255-6
- Renal function and carotid artery disease: many questions, few answers.