- Medical School - Pramukhswami Medical School, India (1998-2004)
- Fellowship - SUNY Downstate Medical Center/Kings County Hospital Center (2013-2015), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Fellowship - University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Program (2012-2013), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Residency - Saint Peter's University Hospital Program (2007-2010), Pediatrics
Nishit H. Patel, M.D., F.A.A.P., is board certified in both Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine. He received his medical degree from Pramukhswami Medical College, India, in 2004. He completed his pediatric residency training at Saint Peter’s University Hospital (2007-2010) in New Jersey. He worked as a pediatric hospitalist at Saint Peter’s University Hospital (2010-2012) before joining pediatric emergency medicine fellowship. He completed his pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at University of Oklahoma Health Science Center (2012-2013) in Oklahoma and SUNY Downstate Medical center/Kings County Hospital Center (2013-2015) in New York. He worked in the pediatric emergency department at Overlook Medical Center in New Jersey for 8 month before moving to Dallas. He Joined the division of emergency medicine at Children’s Medical Center/UT Southwestern Medical Center in Sept 2015. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- American College of Emergency Physician (2012)
- American Medical Association (2012)
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (2012)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2007)
- Best Teaching Senior Resident award 2009-2010, St. Peters University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Best Pediatric Hospitalist 2011-2012, St. Peters University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
- Physician Partnership Award 2011-2012, St. Peters University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
Foreign Body Aspiration: 2 Cases.
Patel N, Shihabuddin B. Consultant for Pediatricians. 2013 Oct 12 (10) 445-446
A 19-month-old girl with a sudden onset of limping after a cold.
Patel N, Raza A, Lewis TR, Prabhu SG, Ramji FG. Consultant for Pediatricians. 2014 Dec 13 (12) 559-563
Thyroglossal Duct Cyst.
Patel N, Guthrie C. Consultant for Pediatricians. 2013 Jul 12 (7) 335-336
Giant Ovarian Cyst in an Adolescent with PCOS.
Patel N, Dupuis G, Wild R. Consultant 360. 2014 Jan 54 (1) 41-43
New-onset neonatal pulmonary hypertension associated with a rhinovirus infection.
Patel N, The TG Canadian respiratory journal 2012 Jan-Feb 19 1 33-4
- Foreign Body Aspiration: 2 Cases.
- Quality improvement