- Residency - University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine (2007-2009), Internal Medicine
- Internship - University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine (2006-2007), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - University of Calicut Medical College (1996-2002)
Preetha Nair, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Hospital Medicine - Parkland Health and Hospital System
Dr. Nair is originally from India and received her initial medical training at Calicut Medical College in Kerala, India. Upon completion of her medical training, she moved to the United States to be with her husband. Dr. Nair did an externship and volunteered as research assistant at University of Louisville in Kentucky prior to moving to Sioux Falls, SD to complete internship and residency in Internal Medicine at University of South Dakota. Prior to joining UTSW, Dr. Nair was practicing Hospital Medicine at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, OR for 5 years. She was attracted to UTSW and Parkland Hospital because of the strong camaraderie and opportunity for growth and development. Her clinical practice emphasizes patient and family-centered care. Dr. Nair’s interests outside of medicine include her family, cooking, and traveling.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- American College of Physicians (2007), Member
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2013), Member
Books & Publications
Blood dyscrasia with quetiapine and ziprasidone.
Nair P, Lippmann S Psychosomatics 2005 Jan-Feb 46 1 89-90
Osteomalacia presenting as pain syndromes of uncertain etiology.
Lal Y, Nair P, Lovrien F, Freeman JW South Dakota medicine : the journal of the South Dakota State Medical Association 2009 May 62 5 197, 199, 201
Is leukopenia associated with divalproex and/or quetiapine?
Nair P, Lippmann S Psychosomatics 2005 Mar-Apr 46 2 188-9
- Blood dyscrasia with quetiapine and ziprasidone.