- Medical School - Sidney Kimmel Medical College (2007-2011)
- Residency - Queen's University, Canada (2011-2014), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - Stanford University (2016-2018), Clinical Informatics
- Fellowship - University of Ottawa, Canada (2014-2016), Infectious Diseases
Richard Medford, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine
Dr. Medford is originally from Toronto, Canada. While primarily studying music in college, he was drawn to medicine as a result of the SARS outbreak in 2003 where he played a pivotal role in creating and designing the EMS database that tracked patients across the province of Ontario.
He received his medical training at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and returned to Ontario to complete his internal medicine residency and infectious diseases fellowship. He achieved the prestigious fellowship in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2015. Understanding the future direction of health care related to medicine and information technology, he then completed a clinical informatics fellowship at Stanford University, becoming the first and only dual trained infectious diseases and clinical informatics physician in North America.
Dr. Medford joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018 and currently splits his time seeing inpatients on the general infectious diseases service and serving as the Assistant Chief Medical Informatics Officer for the health system.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2015)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (2015)
- American Medical Informatics Association (2016)
- HIV Medicine Association (2020)
- SARS Hero 2004
- Hobart Amory Hare Honor Society 2009
- Infectious Diseases Teaching Award 2019, Division of Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine Innovation Tank Winner 2020, Department of Medicine at UT Southwestern
User stories as lightweight requirements for agile clinical decision support development.
Kannan V, Basit MA, Bajaj P, Carrington AR, Donahue IB, Flahaven EL, Medford R, Melaku T, Moran BA, Saldana LE, Willett DL, Youngblood JE, Toomay SM, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association : JAMIA 2019 Sep
Anal cancer and intraepithelial neoplasia: epidemiology, screening and prevention of a sexually transmitted disease.
Medford RJ, Salit IE CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association journal = journal de l'Association medicale canadienne 2015 Feb 187 2 111-5
Personalized Antibiograms: Machine Learning for Precision Selection of Empiric Antibiotics.
Corbin CK, Medford RJ, Osei K, Chen JH, AMIA Joint Summits on Translational Science proceedings. AMIA Joint Summits on Translational Science 2020 2020 108-115
- User stories as lightweight requirements for agile clinical decision support development.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Applied Clinical Informatics
- Clinical Decision Support
- Machine Learning
- Mobile Health