- Medical School - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (2007-2011)
- Internship - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (2011-2012), Internal Medicine
- Residency - Universidad Central del Caribe (2012-2014), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2014-2016), Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Nutrition
- Fellowship - University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2018-2019), Oncologic Endocrinology
Sarimar Agosto Salgado, M.D.
Effective August 16, 2021, Dr. Sarimar Agosto Salgado will be closing her practice at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Sarimar Agosto Salgado, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Agosto is an oncologic endocrinologist who specializes in the management of all stages of thyroid cancer (including differentiated and medullary thyroid cancer), hereditary endocrine neoplasia disorders, pituitary tumors, adrenal tumors, pheochromocytoma-paraganglioma syndromes, and endocrine complications of cancer therapies.
Originally from Puerto Rico, Dr. Agosto completed her endocrinology fellowship training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio where she continued practicing as a board-certified endocrinologist at University Health System clinics. This included being adjunct assistant medicine professor at UT San Antonio and an active member of the University Health System Commission on Cancer Committee. Her dedication to her patients earned her recognition in 2018, including San Antonio’s Top Rising Star Doctors and San Antonio's Best Doctors.
Given her clinical and research interest in advanced thyroid cancer, she returned for training at the Oncologic Endocrinology Fellowship at the prestigious University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, becoming the fifth graduate of this unique fellowship training and the first Hispanic to graduate from the program. During her training she earned a Clinical Quality Improvement Certificate from the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. She has been actively involved in the creation and implementation of multiple quality improvement initiatives for the benefit of thyroid cancer patients.
She is a member of the American Thyroid Association (ATA), the Endocrine Society, and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (AACE). Her work has been presented at international and national scientific meetings.
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Associated Hypercalcemia: A Case Report and Literature Review.
Toro-Tobón D, Agosto S, Ahmadi S, Koops M, Bruder JM, The American journal of case reports 2017 Feb 18 203-207
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Associated Hypercalcemia: A Case Report and Literature Review.
Showing 2 locations