- Fellowship - Washington University School of Medicine (2020-2020), Cardio-oncology & Advanced Cardiac Imaging
- Fellowship - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2021), Cardio-oncology & Advanced Cardiac Imaging
- Medical School - NTR University of Health Sciences/NRI Medical College (2005-2011)
- Residency - Medstar Harbor Hospital (2014-2017), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - St Luke's University Health Network (2017-2020), Cardiology
Srilakshmi Vallabhaneni, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Cardiology
- Cardiac Imaging
Dr. Vallabhaneni earned her medical degree at the NRI Academy of Medical Sciences in India. She completed a residency in internal medicine at MedStar Harbor Hospital and a general cardiology fellowship at St. Luke’s University Health Network. She then received advanced training in cardio-oncology and advanced cardiac imaging (cardiac MRI) through an additional fellowship at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and the University of Pennsylvania.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Vallabhaneni’s clinical and research interests include cardiac imaging with echocardiography and cardiovascular magnetic resonance, as well as cardio-oncology, especially as it regards early detection and prevention of cancer therapy-related cardiotoxicity to minimize interruptions in chemotherapy for patients undergoing active treatment and also for cancer survivors.
She has presented and published insightful academic articles, abstracts, and book chapters on these topics and is a member of several professional societies, including the American College of Cardiology, the American College of Physicians, the American Heart Association, and the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
- International Cardio-Oncology Society
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- Academic Excellence Award 2020, St Luke’s University Health Network
- David C. Leach Award 2018, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Profiles in Excellence Award 2017, American College of Physicians - Maryland Chapter
- Excellence in Palliative Care Award 2016, MedStar Health
- Travel Grant Award for Research Presentation 2016, Heart Failure Society of America
- Excellence in Research Award 2016, MedStar Health
- National Young Achiever Award 2016, American College of Physicians
- Early identification and prevention of cancer therapy-related cardiotoxicity
- Cardiac imaging with echocardiography and cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR)
- Cardiac Imaging
- Preventive Cardiology