- Medical School - University of Florida College of Medicine
- Fellowship - University of Florida College of Medicine (1996-1997), Neuroanesthesia
- Residency - University of Florida College of Medicine (1993-1996), Anesthesiology
- Internship - University of Florida College of Medicine (1992-1993), Anesthesiology
Stephanie Byerly, M.D.
- Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Pain Management
Stephanie Byerly, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Director of Obstetrical Anesthesiology at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital.
Dr. Byerly earned her medical degree at the University of Florida College of Medicine, where she also completed a residency in anesthesiology and received advanced training through a neuroanesthesiology fellowship.
Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1998.
Dr. Byerly is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Texas Medical Association, and the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists.
She serves on several committees, including the Patient Safety Committee for the Society of Obstetrical Anesthesia and Perinatology. She is also represents the Dallas County Medical Society/Tarrant County Medical Society at the North Texas Alliance for Clinician Resilience, a group governed by the National Academy of Medicine that aims to increase satisfaction and well-being among health care providers.
Dr. Byerly is a certified facilitator for the Institute for Integrative Health’s course, “Educating for Enhanced Self-Awareness and Self-Care: An Experiential Faculty Training Program in Mind–Body Medicine.”
She has delivered numerous presentations, contributed to the book Complications in Anesthesia, and published several academic articles, including a piece on physician wellness, entitled “Female Physician Wellness: Are our Expectations of Ourselves Extreme?”
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists
- Dallas County Anesthesiology Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Remifentanil and ECT's
- Ampofol vs Propofol
- Pain Management