- Medical School - Tulane University School of Medicine (1978-1982)
- Internship - Children's Health Dallas (1982-1983), Pediatrics
- Residency - Children's Health Dallas (1983-1985), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (1992-1995), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Susan Scott, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine
Susan M Scott, M.D., is board certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. She received her medical degree from Louisiana State School of Medicine in Shreveport in 1982, and completed her pediatric residency at UTSouthwestern/Children’s Medical Center of Dallas in 1985 and her pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at UT Southwestern in 1995.
Dr. Scott is currently an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. Her special interests include education, trauma and injury prevention.
- Texas Pediatric Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Texas Pediatric Society--Committee on Emergency Medicine
- Compassion in Caring Award 2002, Violence Intervention Program, Parkland Memorial Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society 2016
- Aesculapius Award 1999-2002, St. Paul Family Medicine Program
- Resident Teaching Award 2015, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Outstanding Fellow Award 1994-1996, UT Southwestern Medical Center/Children's Medical Center of Dallas
Introduction to Resuscitation; Shock in Pediatric Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, S. Lelyveld, R. Schafermeyer, eds.
Scott SM, Wiebe RA (2002), McGraw-Hill
Near-hanging and Choking in Essentials of Pediatric Intensive Care, D. Levin, F. Morriss, eds.
Scott SM, Wiebe RA (1997), Churchill Livingstone
Anaphylaxis in Essentials of Pediatric Intensive Care, D. Levin, F. Morriss, eds.
Scott SM (1997), Churchill Livingstone
Approach to the Multiple Trauma Patient in LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment Pediatric Emergency Medicine, C. Stone, R. Humphries, D. Drigalla, M. Stephan, eds.
Kleczewski H, Scott SM (2015), McGraw-Hill
- Introduction to Resuscitation; Shock in Pediatric Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, S. Lelyveld, R. Schafermeyer, eds.
Categonzation and regionalization of emergency departments caring for children
Wiebe RA, Scott SM Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine 1999 Dec 1 1 45-53
Comparison of pediatric end-tidal CO2 measured with nasal/oral cannula circuit and capillary Pco2
Abramo T, Scott S, Cowan M, Wiebe RA, Signs M American Journal of Emergency Medicine 1995 Jan 13 1 30-33
Initial approach to the child who presents with infections of the central nervous system
Scott SM Seminars in Pediatric Infectious Diseases 1996 Jan 7 1 3-12
Serious group A ß-hemolytic streptococcal infections complicating varicella
Cowan M, Primm P, Scott S,. Abramo T, Wiebe RA Annals of Emergency Medicine 1994 23 4 818-822
Family presence: making room.
Mangurten JA, Scott SH, Guzzetta CE, Sperry JS, Vinson LA, Hicks BA, Watts DG, Scott SM The American journal of nursing 2005 May 105 5 40-8; quiz 49
- Categonzation and regionalization of emergency departments caring for children
- Injury prevention
- Critical Care