- Residency - University of Pittsburg Medical Center Health System (1993-1996), Anesthesiology
- Medical School - The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine (1988-1992)
- Internship - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Montefiore/Presbyterian (1992-1993), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (1996-1997), Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
Suzanne Dellaria, M.D.
- Anesthesiology And Pain Mgmt
- Pain Management
Suzanne Dellaria, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Dellaria earned her medical degree, with honors, at Penn State College of Medicine. She completed a residency in anesthesiology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, graduating as anesthesiology resident of the year, and then stayed at the UPMC for advanced fellowship training in cardiothoracic anesthesiology.
Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and the National Board of Echocardiography in perioperative transesophageal echocardiography, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2001, following four years of active duty with the United States Air Force.
In addition to serving on several University Hospital committees at UT Southwestern, Dr. Dellaria is an active member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists, and the national Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, as well as its local gamma chapter at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Dellaria has delivered several presentations, published several academic articles, and been involved in research projects related to quality assurance, quality improvement, and safety.
The UTSW Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management has recognized Dr. Dellaria’s leadership activities with its Chairman’s Recognition Award. She also received the Faculty of the Year Award, which is presented annually by the graduating anesthesiology residents to honor exceptional educational activities.
- Texas Society of Anesthesiology
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- Meritorious Service Medal 2001, Outstanding service as an active duty member of the United States Air Force
- Faculty of the Year 2007, Department of Anesthesiology teaching award
- Alpha Omega Alpha 1992, Honor Medical Society
- Junior Faculty of the Year 2002, Department of Anesthesiology teaching award
- Pain Management