- Fellowship - UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2018-2019), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
- Fellowship - UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2017-2018), Cardiothoracic Radiology
- Fellowship - Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2016-2017), Neuroradiology
- Residency - B.J. Medical College, India (2004-2007), Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical School - B.J. Medical College, India (1996-2003)
Vishal Kukkar, M.D.
- Radiology - Chest & Cardiac
Originally from India, Dr. Kukkar earned his M.B.B.S. degree at B.J. Medical College in Ahmedabad, where he remained to complete his radiology residency training. He then obtained advanced training through fellowship programs in neuroradiology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, and in cardiothoracic imaging and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at UT Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Dr. Kukkar's research interests include computed tomography (CT) and MR imaging of kidney cancer, thyroid image acquisition, and prostate biopsy.
He is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Society of Neuroradiology, the Society of Abdominal Radiology, the North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging, the Society of Thoracic Radiology, and the Texas Medical Association.