UT Southwestern Frisco is dedicated to serving the health care needs of children from birth through age 18 by offering excellence in pediatric evaluation and treatment.
Staffed by fellowship-trained and board-certified pediatric specialists, UT Southwestern Frisco offers cutting-edge, evidence-based services to pediatric patients with complex medical conditions.
We provide specialty pediatric care, including:
- Pediatric digestive disease: Whether your child has a stomach ache, food allergies, or chronic diarrhea, our team of GI specialists will work quickly to diagnose the condition and provide compassionate, effective care. If needed, our minimally invasive tests, such as endoscopy or colonoscopy, can help zero in on problems in the safest possible way, and our team will resolve your child’s digestive disorders as soon as possible.
- Pediatric hematology: Our pediatric hematologists provides specialty care for children experiencing signs and symptoms of benign blood disorders. We will perform a careful evaluation of each child – including providing biopsies in collaboration with our UT Southwestern partners in Dallas when necessary, and if there is a concern for cancer. Once we have a diagnosis, we use the latest therapies to provide specialized, compassionate care.
- Pediatric ophthalmology: Our pediatric ophthalmologists focus on care for children with all types of eye conditions, including inherited disorders such as congenital glaucoma and cataracts. With specialized training in the treatment of pediatric eye conditions, our doctors provide personalized care for everything from amblyopia (lazy eye) to cone dystrophy and ocular infections or injuries.
- Pediatric otolaryngology: Our team of ear, nose, and throat specialists provide innovative and compassionate care for children, including treatment for common conditions such as recurrent strep throat, ear infections, snoring, and obstructive sleep apnea, as well as for conditions such as ankyloglossia, or tongue-tie, neck masses, and nose bleeds. We have extensive experience in treating sinusitis, and are pioneers in minimally invasive pediatric sinus surgery. Our surgical care is provided within a warm, supportive, and child-friendly environment. We can also perform hearing tests in our state-of-the-art audiology center.
- Pediatric respiratory medicine: Our nationally ranked respiratory program provides pediatric patients with effective diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of respiratory conditions, such as asthma, chronic cough, shortness of breath, and bronchopulmonary dysplasia. We also help diagnose and treat other causes of obstructive and restrictive lung diseases, and we can refer to our UT Southwestern partners in Dallas for more complex conditions. Our care team includes pulmonary physicians who are board certified in both pediatrics and pulmonary medicine and experts in the latest pulmonary therapies.
- Pediatric urology: Our pediatric urology specialists have completed additional advanced training in treating children with conditions affecting the kidney, bladder, urethra, and genitalia. Our team is best known for treatments such as hypospadias repair and robotic surgery for the kidney and bladder, as well as common urologic surgery for conditions such as undescended testicles. We also have a robust outpatient program for dysfunctional voiding, enuresis, and urinary tract infections.
Preparing for Your Appointment
To make the most of your time with the doctor, prepare a list of questions ahead of time and bring it to your appointment.
On the day of the appointment, please arrive 20 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We do our best to see patients at or before their scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients sign up with MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in to or sign up for MyChart.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment, please notify the center at least 48 hours in advance so we can accommodate other patients waiting to schedule an appointment.
Prescriptions and Refills
It is very important that children do not run out of their medications. Be sure that they have sufficient refills to last until their next appointment with their provider. We are happy to provide you with a written prescription upon request.
If you run out of refills, please call your pharmacy and your pharmacist will fax a refill request to us. Please allow us 24 to 48 hours to process refill requests.