- Medical School - University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (2004-2008)
- Residency - Virginia Commonwealth University Health System (2008-2011), Pediatrics
- Chief Resident - Virginia Commonwealth University Health System (2011-2012), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - Yale-New Haven Medical Center (2012-2015), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
Asya Asghar, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Neonatal-Perinatal
Dr. Asya Asghar is a graduate of the University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, AL. She completed her internship and pediatric residency at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, where she was chief resident. She then obtained her training in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at Yale University in New Haven, CT.
Dr. Asghar’s fellowship project explored the false positive rate in newborn screening in the NICU population. She also participated in the development of both NICU resident and pediatric fellow education curriculum.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Perinatal Section, Fellow (2012)
- Emily Gardner Chief Resident Award 2012, Children's Hospital of Richmond, VA
- Martin Hoffman Memorial Award for Outstanding Senior Resident 2011, Children's Hospital of Richmond, VA
- Excellence in Pediatric Endocrine and Metabolism Award 2010, VCU Children's Medical Center, Richmond, VA
- Louise W. Robertson Award for Excellence in Teaching 2010, VCU Children's Medical Center, Richmond, VA
- American Academy of Pediatrics Delegate Award 2009, AAP National Meeting, Washington, DC