- Residency - Saint Louis University School of Medicine (2008-2011), Anesthesiology
- Internship - Saint Louis University School of Medicine (2007-2008), Anesthesiology
- Medical School - UT Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Medicine (2003-2007)
Austin Street, M.D.
- Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Pain Management
Austin Street, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Street earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and completed a residency in anesthesiology at Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
After being certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and spending two years in private practice, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2013.
Dr. Street is a Fellow of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and serves as a delegate to the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists. In addition, he’s a leader in several other professional organizations, including the Texas Medical Association, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Dallas County Anesthesiology Society.
Dr. Street has delivered scores of invited lectures. His academic interests include enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) and physician advocacy.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- American Society of Anesthesiologists Political Action Committee (2007)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (2007)
- St. Louis Society of Anesthesiologists (2011-2013)
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists (2014)
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists Political Action Committee (2015)
- Dallas County Anesthesiology Society (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2016)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2016)
Honors & Awards
- 2013, Clinician of the Month-Dept. of Anesthesiology Parkland Memorial Hospital 9/2013
- Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) Protocols
- Pain Management