- Medical School - Louisiana State University Medical Center (1990-1994)
- Internship - Emergency Health Services (1994-1995), Emergency Medicine
- Residency - Emergency Health Services (1995-1997), Emergency Medicine
Ava Pierce, M.D.
- Michael P. Wainscott, M.D. Professorship in Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Ava Pierce completed her undergraduate degree at Louisiana State University and earned her medical degree at Louisiana State University School of Medicine at Shreveport. She completed an emergency medicine residency at Emory University School of Medicine. Dr. Pierce is currently a Professor in the Division of Emergency Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and an Emergency Medicine attending at Parkland Health and Hospital Systems. She is the Associate Director for the emergency medicine medical student clerkship, serves as a member of UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Medical School Admissions Committee, and is a faculty liaison for Housestaff Emerging Academy of Leaders (HEAL), which focuses on professional development and mentoring for residents and fellows from under-represented groups. Her research interests include medical education and cardiac resuscitation. She is a participant in the AAMC s Healthcare Executive Diversity and Inclusion Certificate Program and is committed to making innovative changes that will enhance diversity and inclusion and improve excellence in health care, thus strengthening a diverse workforce that will provide culturally competent quality medical care to all.
- Academy for Diversity and Inclusion in Emergency Medicine (2014-2014)
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (1994-2014)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (1994-2014)
- National Medical Association (1994-2014)
- Development Officer for Academy for Diversity and Inclusion in Emergency Medicine (ADIEM) 2014-2014
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) Program 2013-2014
An update on U.S. asthma centers: 2013.
Sullivan AF, Hasegawa K, Linnemann RW, Long AA, Teuber SS, Turner SJ, Massaro S, Camargo CA Jr, on behalf of the MARC-36 Investigators 2014
Health- Care-Associated Pneumonia
Pierce, AE Critical Decisions in Emergency Medicine 2012 6 26 1-9
A multicenter observational study of US adults with acute asthma: Who are the frequent utilizers in the emergency department?
Hasegawa K, Sullivan AF, Hirashima ET, Gaeta TJ, Fee C, Turner SJ, Massaro S, Camargo CA Jr, on behalf of the MARC-36 Investigators 2014
- An update on U.S. asthma centers: 2013.
- Cardiac Resuscitation
- Medical Education