- Fellowship - University of California, San Francisco Medical Center (2014-2016), Vascular Surgery
- Residency - Creighton University School of Medicine (2008-2014), General Surgery
- Medical School - Kilpauk Medical College (2005-2008), General Surgery
- Medical School - Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, India (1999-2004)
Bala Ramanan, M.D.
- Surgery - Vascular Surgery
Bala Ramanan, M.B.B.S., M.S., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in vascular surgery with a focus on critical limb ischemia and complex endovascular aortic surgery.
Dr. Ramanan earned her medical degree at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College in Mumbai, India, and her Master of Surgery at Kilpauk Medical College in Chennai, India. She completed a residency in general surgery at Creighton University School of Medicine and performed a fellowship in vascular surgery at the University of California, San Francisco.
Board certified in general surgery and vascular surgery, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016.
Dr. Ramanan is an Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Society for Vascular Surgery, the American Medical Association, and the Indian Medical Register. In addition to seeing patients at UT Southwestern, she serves as Chief of Endovascular Surgery for the VA North Texas Health Care System.
In 2019, Dr. Ramanan was named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor Rising Star.
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor Rising Star 2019