- Fellowship - Children's Hosp. of the King's Dghtrs-Norfolk (1999-2002), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Residency - Medical College of Virginia (1997-1999), Pediatrics
- Internship - Medical College of Virginia (1996-1997), Pediatrics
- Medical School - University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1992-1996)
Craig Huang, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine
Craig J. Huang, M.D., F.A.A.P., is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Dr. Huang attended the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston for medical school (1992-1996), completed his pediatric residency at the Medical College of Virginia (1996-1999) and his pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Eastern Virginia Medical School/Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics. His interests are: computers and other innovative technologies for medicine, medical informatics, and trauma.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Ambulatory Pediatric Association
- Academic Pediatrics Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas College of Emergency Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American College of Emergency Physicians, Member and Fellow
Honors & Awards
- Young Investigators Award 2001, Awarded by Southern Regional Societies Annual Meeting of the Ambulatory Pediatrics Association
- Research Trainee Travel Award 2001, Southern Society for Pediatric Research
- Outstanding Resident in Pediatric Emergency Department 1999, Awarded by the Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virignia Hospitals
- Fellows Award 2000, Presented by the Ambulatory Pediatrics Association
- Ali Abdulla Al-Ubaydli Scholarship Winner for Mobile Medical Computing 2008, Sponsored by Epocrates and Dr. Mohammad Al-Ubaydli
Books & Publications
Pediatric Prehospital Care; Interfacility Transport in Strange G, Ahrens W, Schafermeyer R, Wiebe R, Prendergast H, Dobiesz V, eds. Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts, 2nd ed.
Huang CJ, Sheehan M. (2011), McGraw-Hill.
Chest Trauma in Stone C, Humphries R, Drigalla D, Stephan M, eds. LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Nesiama JO, Huang CJ. (2015), McGraw-Hill; 242-250.
- Pediatric Prehospital Care; Interfacility Transport in Strange G, Ahrens W, Schafermeyer R, Wiebe R, Prendergast H, Dobiesz V, eds. Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts, 2nd ed.
Validation and refinement of a prediction rule to identify children at low risk for acute appendicitis.
Kharbanda AB, Dudley NC, Bajaj L, Stevenson MD, Macias CG, Mittal MK, Bachur RG, Bennett JE, Sinclair K, Huang C, Dayan PS Archives of pediatrics & adolescent medicine 2012 Aug 166 8 738-44
Amylase and lipase measurements in paediatric patients with traumatic pancreatic injuries.
Matsuno WC, Huang CJ, Garcia NM, Roy LC, Davis J Injury 2009 Jan 40 1 66-71
Interrater reliability of clinical findings in children with possible appendicitis.
Kharbanda AB, Stevenson MD, Macias CG, Sinclair K, Dudley NC, Bennett J, Bajaj L, Mittal MK, Huang C, Bachur RG, Dayan PS Pediatrics 2012 Apr 129 4 695-700
Index of suspicion.
Mettauer NL, Pierce CM, Peters MJ, Alletag M, Huang C, Kalu SU, Sullivan BJ Pediatrics in review / American Academy of Pediatrics 2008 Oct 29 10 355-61
Benzonatate toxicity in a teenager resulting in coma, seizures, and severe metabolic acidosis.
Thimann DA, Huang CJ, Goto CS, Feng SY The journal of pediatric pharmacology and therapeutics : JPPT : the official journal of PPAG 2012 Jul 17 3 270-3
Development of national standardized all-hazard disaster core competencies for acute care physicians, nurses, and EMS professionals.
Schultz CH, Koenig KL, Whiteside M, Murray R Annals of emergency medicine 2012 Mar 59 3 196-208.e1
Nonmydriatic Fundoscopic Imaging Using the Pan Optic iExaminer System in the Pediatric Emergency Department.
Day LM, Wang SX, Huang CJ Academic emergency medicine : official journal of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine 2016 Nov
Photoclinic: "Popsicle" Panniculitis
Huang CJ Consultant for Pediatricians 2006 Nov 5 11 729
Metallic corneal foreign body with rust ring
Huang CJ Consultant 2007 May 47 6 598
Prudent layperson definition of an emergent pediatric medical condition.
Huang CJ, Poirier MP, Cantwell JR, Ermis PR, Isaacman DJ Clinical pediatrics 2006 Mar 45 2 149-55
Isolated uvular angioedema in a teenage boy
Huang CJ Internet Journal of Emergency Medicine 2006 3
Problems of the foreskin and glans penis
Huang C Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine 2009 10 1 56-59
Images in emergency medicine. 10-year-old female with a subglottic mass. Ranula.
Thimann D, Huang C, Patel K Annals of emergency medicine 2012 Nov 60 5 668, 677
Cryptorchid testicular torsion
Moore CP, Marr JK, Huang CJ Pediatric Emergency Care 2011 Feb 27 2 121-123
Lateral patellar dislocation with vertical axis rotation of the patella after attempted reduction of typical patellar dislocation.
Huang CJ Pediatric emergency care 2008 Oct 24 10 694-6
An Infant's Sudden-Onset Rash and Swelling: Can You Identify the Cause?
Yuan YYE, Nesiama J-A, Huang C Consultant 2018 58 6
Team Approach: Pediatric Musculoskeletal Infection.
Dhar AV, Huang CJ, Sue PK, Patel K, Farrow-Gillespie AC, Hammer MR, Zia AN, Mittal VS, Copley LA, JBJS reviews 2020 Mar 8 3 e0121
- Validation and refinement of a prediction rule to identify children at low risk for acute appendicitis.
- Use of technology (handheld computers, digital cameras, computers) in pediatric emergency care
- Trauma and Burns
- Resident/Fellow education
- Apparent life threatening events (ALTEs)