- Medical School - UNAB - Autonomous University of Bucaramanga (1998-2005)
- Residency - Jackson Memorial Hospital (2007-2009), Surgery
- Fellowship - Jackson Memorial Hospital (2009-2010), Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Residency - Fundacion Oftalmologica de Santander/FOSCAL-UNAB (2010-2013), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - University of Texas Health Science Center School of Medicine at San Antonio (2013-2014), Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Fellowship - University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio (2014-2015), Emergency Radiology
- Other Post Graduate Training - UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2015-2016), Cardiothoracic Radiology
Daniel Lamus, M.D.
Associate Chief Radiology Officer, Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Radiology - Vascular-Interventional
Originally from Colombia, he earned his medical degree at the Universidad Autónoma de Bucaramanga. He performed his general surgery residency at the University of Miami School of Medicine, where he also received advanced training through a fellowship program in vascular and interventional radiology. He returned to the Universidad Autónoma de Bucaramanga to perform his radiology residency. He then obtained advanced training through fellowship programs in cardiovascular and interventional radiology, and in emergency radiology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Dr. Lamus' research interests, which include thoracic mycotic aneurysms and venous injuries, liver tumors, abdominal trauma, and congenital anomalies of the pulmonary arteries, have led him to co-author original research articles and to present his findings at scientific conferences throughout the United States and around the world.