- Fellowship - UAB Dept of Radiology (1997-1998), Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Medical School - Tufts University School of Medicine (1988-1992), Radiology
- Internship - Brigham and Women's Hospital/The Faulkner Hospital (1992-1993), Medicine
- Residency - University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (1993-1997), Radiology
Daniel Moore, M.D.
Medical Director of Emergency Radiology, Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Radiology - Musculoskeletal
Daniel Moore, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Musculoskeletal Radiology Division. He also serves as Medical Director for Emergency Radiology at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Moore earned his bachelor’s degree in biology at Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi. He earned his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, and completed a residency in radiology at the University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, where he remained to receive advanced training in musculoskeletal radiology though a fellowship program.
Dr. Moore is primarily involved in clinical service and teaching, but also collaborates on several research projects with his colleagues in MSK Radiology, Orthopedics, and Podiatry. His research interests include imaging utilization trends, the impact of normal anatomic variations on orthopedic surgical approaches, and imaging biomarkers for early osteoarthritis.
He is a member of the Radiology Residency
Program Evaluation Committee, a mentor in the Radiology Residency Quality
Track, and a participant in Radiology Residency Strategic Planning Sessions. He
is also a member of Parkland's Radiology User Group and the Radiology
Performance Improvement Committee.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Musculoskeletal radiology; orthopaedic trauma radiology; musculoskeletal MRI and CT.