- Medical School - University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Internship - Ochsner Clinic Foundation (1994-1995), Medicine
- Residency - Ochsner Clinic Foundation (1995-1999), Radiology
Edward Chen, M.D.
Medical Director of Gastrointestinal Imaging, Parkland Health & Hospital System
Edward Chen, M.D., is an Associate
Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Abdominal Imaging Division. He also serves as Chief of
Gastrointestinal (GI) Imaging at Parkland Hospital. His clinical interests
include image interpretation of abdominal and pelvic computed tomography (CT),
ultrasound, fluoroscopy, and X-rays.
Dr. Chen holds a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from the University of California, Los Angeles. He earned his medical degree at the University of Kansas Medical Center and completed his residency training in diagnostic radiology at Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans. He received advanced training in body imaging through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
At Parkland, Dr. Chen oversees protocol and education for CT colonography and teaches fluoroscopy to residents in the GI division.
Dr. Chen focuses his research on CT, ultrasound, GI radiology, and body imaging, and he has published on these topics in peer-reviewed journals.
He is a member of multiple national and international societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American College of Radiology, the Texas Radiological Society, the Society of Abdominal Radiology, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society.
Among his honors and accolades, Dr. Chen holds the Golden Apple award from UT Southwestern in recognition of his excellency in teaching.
- Society of Abdominal Radiology (2011)
- Texas Radiological Society (2010)
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Golden Apple Teaching Award 2010
- Summer Research Fellowship 1991
- CT; ultrasound; GI radiology, body imaging.