- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical Center (1990-1994)
- Internship - George Washington University School of Medicine (1994-1995), Diagnostic Radiology
- Residency - George Washington University School of Medicine (1995-1998), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - VA San Diego Healthcare System (1998-1999), Musculoskeletal Radiology
Gina Sims, M.D.
- Radiology - Musculoskeletal
Gina Cho Sims, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Musculoskeletal Radiology Division. Her clinical interests include interpreting musculoskeletal radiographs, computed tomography (CT) scans, and magnetic resonance (MR) images.
Dr. Cho Sims holds a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from the University of Texas at Austin, and earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern. She completed her residency in diagnostic radiology at George Washington University Medical Center and received advanced training in musculoskeletal radiology at the University of California–San Diego.
Her research interests include MRI of the extremities and the internal derangements of joints. Her research has resulted in multiple original research articles and journal reviews.
Dr. Cho Sims is involved with the Radiology Residency Program Evaluation Committee. She also directs the daily supervision and clinical training of musculoskeletal radiology fellows and residents at Parkland Hospital, where she also serves as a member of the Radiology Performance Improvement Committee.
Dr. Cho Sims is an active member of the
American Roentgen Ray Society, the Society of Skeletal Radiology, and the
Radiological Society of North America.
- American Association for Women Radiologists
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Skeletal Radiology
- Musculoskeletal radiology; MRI of extremities; internal derangements of joints.