- Fellowship - Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital - Pediatric Urology Fellowship (2013-2015), Pediatric Urology
- Residency - Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (2008-2013), Urology
- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine (2004-2008), Medicine
Irina Stanasel, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She treats a wide variety of pediatric urological conditions and specializes in complex hypospadias repair and voiding dysfunction.
Dr. Stanasel earned her medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine. She completed a residency in urology at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center and received advanced training in pediatric urology through a fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital.
Certified by the American Board of Urology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017.
Dr. Stanasel’s clinical research interests include Wilms tumor, prune belly syndrome, and the urinary microbiome. She has published numerous academic articles on these disorders.
She is a member of several professional organizations, including the Societies for Pediatric Urology, the Society of Fetal Urology, and the American Urological Association.
- Society of Women in Urology (2008)
- American Urological Association (2008)
- Society of Fetal Urology (2013)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (2013)
- Pediatric Urology