- Graduate School - Pennsylvania College of Optometry (2005-2007), Audiology
- Graduate School - University of Washington (1996-1998), Audiology
- Undergraduate School - University of Washington (1995-1996), Audiology
- Undergraduate School - Seattle Central Community College (1993-1994)
- Other Post Graduate Training - University of Washington (1996-1998)
- Medical School - Pennsylvania College of Optometry (2005-2007)
- Other Post Graduate Training - Pennsylvania College of Optometry (2005-2007)
Johanna Whitson, Au.D.
Johanna Whitson received her MS from the University of Washington in 1998 and her AuD from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 2007. Ms. Whitson completed her training at the Medical University of South Carolina and worked for three years as an audiologist in a private ENT clinic in Rock Hill, SC. She has incorporated her experiences from the private practice setting into the university clinical setting.
Her primary focus at the Aston Ambulatory Care Center is evaluating patients for hearing aids, dispensing all levels of technology and providing follow up hearing aid services. In addition, she completes a full range of diagnostic testing on patients with hearing impairments and balance disorders.
- Texas State Licensure
- American Speech and Hearing Association- Certificate of Clinical Competence
- American Academy of Audiology- Fellow