- Medical School - University of California Davis School of Medicine (2002-2006)
- Residency - Loma Linda University Medical Center (2006-2009), Emergency Medicine
Joslin Gilley-Avramis, M.D.
- Emergency Medicine
Dr. Gilley-Avramis earned her medical degree at the University of California Davis School of Medicine. She completed a residency in emergency medicine at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Gilley-Avramis’ clinical interests include medical education.
She serves on multiple committees in the Department of Emergency Medicine, including those for Clinical Informatics, Resident Recruitment, Parkland Clinical Operations, and Clinical Competency. She is the liaison between the emergency department and the psychiatric department. She is also a member of the Female Faculty Mentoring Group.
A member of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, Dr. Gilley-Avramis has served on the association’s Virtual Presence Committee, Education Committee, and Awards Committee. She is a member of the Texas College of Emergency Physicians and has served on its Wellness Committee Taskforce. In addition, she belongs to the American Medical Women’s Association.
When she’s not at work, Dr. Gilley-Avramis enjoys spending time with family, skiing, and practicing archery.
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Medical Women’s Association
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Texas College of Emergency Physicians