- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008-2010), Toxicology
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005-2008), Emergency Medicine
- Medical School - Northeastern Ohio Universities (2001-2005)
Kapil Sharma, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in snake envenomation, environmental and occupational toxicology, and industrial chemical exposure.
Dr. Sharma earned his medical degree at Northeastern Ohio Medical University. He completed a residency in emergency medicine and a fellowship in medical toxicology, both at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine in medical toxicology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2010.
Dr. Sharma is Co-Director of the Outpatient Medical Toxicology Clinic at UT Southwestern. He serves on several UTSW committees, including the institutional biosafety committee, he’s a member of American College of Emergency Physicians, the American College of Medical Toxicology, and the American Academy of Clinical Toxicology.
Dr. Sharma has delivered numerous national and regional invited lectures, contributed to the sixth edition of Textbook of Critical Care, and published a number of academic articles.
- American College of Emergency Physicians (2005-2014), Member
- American College Medical Toxicology (2008-2014), Member