- Undergraduate School - University of Texas at Arlington (1983-1985), Psychology
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (1994-1996), Clinical Neuropsychology
- Other Post Graduate Training - UT Southwestern Medical Center (1988-1994)
Karen Brewer-Mixon, Ph.D.
Karen K. Brewer-Mixon, Ph.D., is a Licensed Psychologist with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists. Dr. Brewer-Mixon is a clinical neuropsychologist with clinical, teaching, supervisory, and administrative duties in the Department of Rehabilitation Counseling.
Her clinical responsibilities include psychotherapy interventions with persons who suffer from neurological and psychiatric disorders, neuropsychological and psychological evaluations, supervision of graduate students and psychiatric residents, and teaching.
Dr. Brewer-Mixon also currently serves on various administrative faculty committees within the Department of Rehabilitation Counseling, the Southwestern School of Health Professions, and the Division of Psychology.
TX License #25376; Expires 9/30/2020
- American Psychological Association (1994)
- American Psychological Association, Division 40 (Neuropsychology) (1994)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology (1994)
- American Psychological Association, Division 22 (Rehabilitation Psychology) (2015)
- Professional Contribution Award 2005, Brain Injury Association of Texas
- Chief Resident 1991, UT Southwestern Graduate Clinical Psychology Program
- Interdisciplinary Research Grant Award 2017
Historical Principles and Foundations of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation in Neuropsychological Rehabilitation
Brewer-Mixon, K.K. & Cullum, M.C. (2013), New York, NY, Springer Publishing Company
- Historical Principles and Foundations of Neuropsychological Rehabilitation in Neuropsychological Rehabilitation
Level of Performance Accuracy for Core Halstead-Reitan Measures by Pooling Normal Controls from Published Studies: Comparison with Existing Norms in a Clinical Sample
Greer, S.E., Cannici, J. P., Brewer, K.K., & Pennett, D.L. Perceptual & Motor Skills 2010 111 (1) 3-18
Long-Term Planning for Individuals with Chronic Disability: A Guide for Families
Seaton, D., Brewer, K., Farrell, H.C., Brewer, S.C., Green, D., & Pharis, D. Booklet published by the Seaton Foundation Spring 2004
Anesthesia as a Possible Risk Factor for Cognitive Decline in the Elderly
Brewer, K.K., Haq, A., Cullum, C.M., & Rosenberg, R.N. Facts and Research in Gerontology 1996
Brief Recall Tasks and Memory Assessment in Alzheimer’s Disease
Kaltreider, L.B., Cullum, C.M., Lacritz, L.H., Brewer, K.K., & Filley, C.M. Applied Neuropsychology 1999 6 165-169
- Level of Performance Accuracy for Core Halstead-Reitan Measures by Pooling Normal Controls from Published Studies: Comparison with Existing Norms in a Clinical Sample
- Neuropsychology of psychiatric disorders
- Evaluation of and intervention with acquired brain injury survivors
- Interventions for anxiety in graduate students
- Caregiving of persons with chronic neurological disorders