- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (2017-2018)
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2014-2017), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Residency - Ohio State University/Nationwide Children's Hospital (2011-2014), Pediatrics
- Medical School - Indiana University School of Medicine (2007-2011)
Kathryn E. Dickerson, M.D., is an Assistant Instructor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology and Oncology, and 2015 Translational Research Scholar in the UTSW Center for Translational Medicine. She earned her undergraduate degree in Biochemistry with a minor in Spanish from Indiana University. Before attending medical school, she completed a post-baccalaureate research training program at the NIH working, in the laboratory of Dr. Lee Weinstein. She returned to Indiana University to earn her medical degree, working in the laboratory of Dr. Nadia Carlesso. She completed her pediatric residency training in an integrated research pathway at The Ohio State University/Nationwide Children's Hospital, working in the laboratory of Dr. Michael Caligiuri. Her clinical interest is pediatric hematology with an emphasis on bone marrow failure disorders and cancer predisposition. Her research interest is in the epigenetic regulation of myeloid development in models of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), myeloproliferative disorders (MPD), and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS). Dr. Dickerson conducts her research under the mentorship of Dr. Jian Xu of the Children's Research Institute.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology/American Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology (2014)
- The American Society of Hematology (2014)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- American Association for Cancer Research (2012)
- Hyundai Hope on Wheels Young Investigator Award 2017
- E. Jane Brownley Award 2011, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Member, Gold Humanism Honorary Society 2010
- Children's Cancer Fund "Call for Cure" Award Recipient 2017
- Certificate in Academic Medicine 2014, Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Certificate in Global Health 2014, Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Community Service Award 2011, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa 2005
- Post-Baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award 2006, National Institutes of Health/National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney disorders, Dr. Lee Weinstein Laboratory
- Red Shoes Award 2010, Riley Hospital for Children
Towards personalized therapy in AML: In vivo benefit of targeting aberrant epigenetics in MLL-PTD-associated AML.
Bernot KM, Siebenaler RF, Whitman SP, Zorko NA, Marcucci GG, Santhanam R, Ahmed EH, Ngangana M, McConnell KK, Nemer JS, Brook DL, Kulp SK, Chen CS, Frankhouser D, Yan P, Bundschuh R, Zhang X, Dorrance AM, Dickerson K, Jarjoura D, Blum W, Marcucci G, Caligiuri MA Leukemia 2013 May
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding in Young Women with Blood Disorders.
Dickerson KE, Menon NM, Zia A Pediatric clinics of North America 2018 Jun 65 3 543-560
Central nervous system imprinting of the G protein G(s)alpha and its role in metabolic regulation.
Chen M, Wang J, Dickerson KE, Kelleher J, Xie T, Gupta D, Lai EW, Pacak K, Gavrilova O, Weinstein LS Cell metabolism 2009 Jun 9 6 548-55
Regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis in erythropoiesis by mTORC1-mediated protein translation.
Liu X, Zhang Y, Ni M, Cao H, Signer RAJ, Li D, Li M, Gu Z, Hu Z, Dickerson KE, Weinberg SE, Chandel NS, DeBerardinis RJ, Zhou F, Shao Z, Xu J Nature cell biology 2017 Jun 19 6 626-638
In Situ Capture of Chromatin Interactions by Biotinylated dCas9.
Liu X, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Li M, Zhou F, Li K, Cao H, Ni M, Liu Y, Gu Z, Dickerson KE, Xie S, Hon GC, Xuan Z, Zhang MQ, Shao Z, Xu J Cell 2017 Aug 170 5 1028-1043.e19
Eradicating acute myeloid leukemia in a Mll(PTD/wt):Flt3(ITD/wt) murine model: a path to novel therapeutic approaches for human disease.
Bernot KM, Nemer JS, Santhanam R, Liu S, Zorko NA, Whitman SP, Dickerson KE, Zhang M, Yang X, McConnell KK, Ahmed EH, Muñoz MR, Siebenaler RF, Marcucci GG, Mundy-Bosse BL, Brook DL, Garman S, Dorrance AM, Zhang X, Zhang J, Lee RJ, Blum W, Caligiuri MA, Marcucci G Blood 2013 Nov 122 23 3778-83
G(s)alpha deficiency in skeletal muscle leads to reduced muscle mass, fiber-type switching, and glucose intolerance without insulin resistance or deficiency.
Chen M, Feng HZ, Gupta D, Kelleher J, Dickerson KE, Wang J, Hunt D, Jou W, Gavrilova O, Jin JP, Weinstein LS American journal of physiology. Cell physiology 2009 Apr 296 4 C930-40
- Towards personalized therapy in AML: In vivo benefit of targeting aberrant epigenetics in MLL-PTD-associated AML.
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Malignant transformation in inherited bone marrow failure (BMF) syndromes
- Acute myelogenous leukemia