- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2000-2004)
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004-2009), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009-2010), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
Kristen Bishop, M.D.
Director, Radiology Medical Student Education
Although originally from Texas, Dr. Bishop began her undergraduate career as a pharmacy major at the University of Oklahoma with a National Merit Scholarship. However, after discovering a passion for clinical medicine, she switched gears and returned to Texas to earn her medical degree from UT Southwestern. During medical school, she was intrigued how closely diagnostic radiologists worked with all the different clinical specialties and decided to complete residency training in diagnostic radiology at UT Southwestern. She then remained at the university, where she received advanced training through a fellowship program in magnetic resonance (MR) body imaging.
A Commitment to Education
Demonstrating a strong commitment to medical education, Dr. Bishop serves as course director for the Diagnostic Radiology electives at UT Southwestern Medical School and is on several committees overseeing medical student and radiology resident and fellow education and training. She also serves as departmental advisor for students applying to radiology residency and as a faculty mentor for radiology residents.
Dr. Bishop is a member of various national and international professional organizations, including the Radiologic Society of North America, American College of Radiology, Society of Abdominal Radiology, Association of University Radiologists, American Roentgen Ray Society, Alliance of Medical Student Educators in Radiology, and the Texas Medical Association. In addition, she writes and edits test questions for national radiology resident exams. She has participated in research projects involving CT and ultrasound imaging of the abdomen and pelvis and projects relating to educational initiatives.
In her spare time, Dr. Bishop enjoys spending time with family, baking, and learning Spanish.
- Alliance of Medical Student Educators in Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American University Radiologists (AUR)
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- Texas Medical Association
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Radiology Residency Education 2018
- Resident Conference of the Month 2017
- Resident Conference of the Month 2013
- AUR Philips Academic Faculty Development Program 2012, Association of University Radiologists
- Certificate of Merit, Educational Exhibit 2007, Radiological Society of North America