- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2000-2004)
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004-2009), Diagnostic Radiology
Kristen Bishop, M.D.
Director, Radiology Medical Student Education
Originally from Texas, Dr. Bishop began her undergraduate career as a pharmacy major at the University of Oklahoma with a National Merit Scholarship. After discovering a passion for clinical medicine, she returned to Texas to earn her medical degree at UT Southwestern. During medical school, she was intrigued by the close collaboration between diagnostic radiologists and clinical specialties, so she chose to remain at UT Southwestern for her residency in diagnostic radiology and fellowship in magnetic resonance (MR) body imaging.
A Commitment to Education
Demonstrating a strong commitment to medical education, Dr. Bishop serves as course director for the Diagnostic Radiology elective at UT Southwestern Medical School, and she serves on several committees overseeing resident education and training. As a part of her clinical role, she also presents cases at the Hepatocellular Carcinoma Tumor Board and at the Pancreatic Cancer Tumor Board. Additionally, she serves on the UT Southwestern Image Guided Procedures Workgroup.
Dr. Bishop is a member of various national and international professional organizations, including the Radiologic Society of North America, the American College of Radiology, the Society of Abdominal Radiology, the Association of University Radiologists, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the Alliance of Medical Student Educators in Radiology, and the Texas Medical Association.
Dr. Bishop enjoys cooking vegetarian food with her husband. In her scarce leisure time after putting three children to bed, she reads books about investing and personal finance and practices strength and resistance training.
- Alliance of Medical Student Educators in Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American University Radiologists (AUR)
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- Texas Medical Association
- Resident Conference of the Month 2013
- AUR Philips Academic Faculty Development Program 2012, Association of University Radiologists