- Medical School - University of Louisville School of Medicine (2000-2004)
- Internship - Lenox Hill Hospital (2004-2005), General Surgery
- Residency - Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2005-2009), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - Northwestern University Memorial Hospital (2009-2010), Body Imaging
Lakshmi Ananthakrishnan, M.D.
Medical Director, Computed Tomography
- Radiology - General
Lakshmi Ananthakrishnan, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Abdominal Imaging Division. She provides clinical abdominal imaging services at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital and Parkland Hospital, and serves as Medical Director of Computed Tomography.
Dr. Ananthakrishnan holds a bachelor’s degree in violin performance from the University of Louisville in Kentucky. She earned her medical degree at the University of Louisville School of Medicine and completed a residency in diagnostic radiology at the Cleveland Clinic. She received advanced training in magnetic resonance (MR) body imaging through a fellowship at Northwestern Memorial Hospital Fienberg School of Medicine in Chicago.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014, Dr. Ananthakrishnan worked as a radiologist at the Cleveland Clinic and then as a private practitioner.
She focuses her research on multispectral computed tomography (CT) on different platforms (both dual-source and dual-layered detector CT), renal stone characterization by CT, and renal mass characterization.
Dr. Ananthakrishnan serves on various committees at UT Southwestern, including the Abdominal Imaging CT Protocol Committee, which she chairs, and the CT Operations Committee, the Spectral CT Steering Committee, and the Spectral CT Technical Committee.
She is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the Society of Abdominal Radiology, the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance, and the Texas Radiological Society.
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Texas Radiological Society
- Certificate of Merit 2008, Society of Thoracic Radiology
- Chief Resident, Diagnostic Radiology 2008, Cleveland Clinic
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society 2004, University of Louisville
- Cum Laude 2000, University of Louisville
- Dean's Scholarship 2000, University of Louisville