- Medical School - University of Kansas School of Medicine (1987-1991)
- Internship - University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (1991-1992), General Surgery
- Residency - University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (1992-1996), Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship - Texas Scottish Rite Hospital (1996-1997), Pediatric Orthopaedics
Lawson Copley, M.D.
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Pediatric Orthopaedics
Dr. Lawson Copley provides orthopaedic trauma and clinical coverage at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, along with Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children orthopaedic medical staff.
Dr. Copley graduated magna cum laude from Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois and received his medical degree from Kansas University Medical Center. He completed both his internship in general surgery and his residence in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Copley also completed the Dorothy and Bryant Edwards Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics and Scoliosis at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Dr. Copley served in the United States Air Force as chief of surgical services, 96th Medical Group.
In 2018, he was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list and was named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgerons of North American
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- 96 Air Base Wing Commander’s Recognition Award 2001
- Fellow of American Acadeny of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2001
- Meritorious Service Medal 2001, Surgical Operations Squadron Medical Group Eglin AFB Florida
- ARCENT Kuwait Command Surgeon’s Recognition Award 2000
- Commander in Chief’s Special Recognition for Installation Excellence 2000
Successful Treatment of Unicameral Bone Cyst by Single Percutaneous Injection of alpha-BSM
Thawrani D, Thai CC, Welch RD, Copley L, and Johnston CE Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics 2009 29(5) 511-517
The Impact of the Current Epidemiology of Pediatric Musculoskeltal Infection on Evaluation and Treatment Guidelines
Gafur OK, Copley LA et al Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics 2008 28 777-785
Copley LA, Dormans JP, and Davidson RS in Dormans JP (Ed).Requisites in Orthopaedic Surgery 2004 Mosby, Philadephia 93-110
Copley LA and Dormans JP Pediatric Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine 2004 93-110
The Accuracy and Reliability of Torque Wrenches at Low Settings for Halo Application in Children
Copley LA, Dormans JP, Pepe MD, et al Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2003 85A (11) 2199-2204
Cervical Spine Disorders in Infants and Children
Copley LA, Dormans JP Journal of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 1998 6 (4) 204-214
A Comparative Evaluation of Halo Pin Designs in an Immature Skull Model
Copley LA, Pepe MD, Dormans et al Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 1998 357 212-218
Vascular Injuries and Their Sequelae in Pediatric Supracondylar Humeral Fractures: Toward a Goal of Prevention.
Copley LA, Dormans JP, and Davidson RS Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics 1996 16 99-103
Common Elbow Injuries in Children: Evaluation, Treatment, and Clinical Outcomes
Milbrandt TA, Copley LA Current Opinion in Orthopaedics In Press
Cervical Orthoses Including Traction and Halo Devices for Children
Copley LA and Dormans JP in Clark CR (Ed) The Cervical Spine 4th Ed Lippincott, Philadelphia In Press
- Successful Treatment of Unicameral Bone Cyst by Single Percutaneous Injection of alpha-BSM
- Genetic virulence factors of Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus
- Epidemiology of Acute, Subacute, and Chronic Musculoskeletal Infections in Pediatric Patients.
- Clinical outcomes of the surgical treatment of osteomyelitis, septic arthritis and pyomyositis in children