- Fellowship - Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2017-2018), Pediatric Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Fellowship - Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital (2016-2017), Pediatric Cardiac Imaging
- Fellowship - Boston Children's Hospital (2015-2016), Pediatric Radiology
- Residency - Baylor College of Medicine (2011-2015), Diagnostic Radiology
- Internship - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2010-2011), Transitional Year
- Medical School - Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine, Colombia (2001-2007)
Maddy Artunduaga, M.D.
- Radiology - Pediatric
Maddy Artunduaga, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division. Her clinical and research interests are in pediatric genitourinary imaging, with a particular focus on magnetic resonance imaging.
Originally from Colombia, Dr. Artunduaga earned her medical degree at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana School of Medicine in Bogota. She then completed her radiology residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She received advanced training through fellowship programs in pediatric radiology at Boston Children’s Hospital and in subspecialized pediatric cardiac and musculoskeletal imaging at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston.
Dr. Artunduaga received additional training through a research fellowship program in the Department of Neurology at Boston Children's Hospital, and the Rice Education in Management for Physician Trainees program at Rice University in Houston.
She is board certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Dr. Artunduaga's clinical and research interests have led her to publish numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals. In 2019, she was the recipient of the Kidney Cancer Program (KCP) Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) Career Enhancement Program Award at UT Southwestern for her project in "Radiomics and Radiogenomics in Wilms Tumors." Dr. Artunduaga has a special interest in resident and fellow training and in radiology outreach activities.
She is a member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Association for Women Radiologists, the Texas Radiological Society, the Society for Pediatric Radiology (SPR), and the Society of Abdominal Radiology. She is a member of the Abdominal Imaging and MRI Committees of the SPR, and a member of the Renal Tumor Committee of the Children's Oncology Group (COG), which she also serves as the Diagnostic Imaging Young Investigator Liaison. Dr. Artunduaga also co-chairs the Junior Society for Pediatric Radiology.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- Texas Radiological Society
- Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- American Association for Women Radiologists
Honors & Awards
- Certificate of Merit 2013, Radiological Society of North America
- Power of Professionalism Award 2014, Baylor College of Medicine
- Certificate of Excellence for Medical Student Education 2011-2012, Baylor College of Medicine